Home Buying in Dahlonega>Question Details

s.jeff.pike, Home Buyer in Dahlonega, GA

1st time VA home purchase. My question is on VA employment requirements.

Asked by s.jeff.pike, Dahlonega, GA Wed Feb 20, 2013

I've been employed in same line of work/title for 4 years. The issue is that I was hired by a new company 6 months ago. Is this a problem?

Answers

3
Just like Rodney said, you should be fine on verification of employement as long as you are a W-2 employee. Let me know if I can assist you in any way. We are a retired military family and I have worked with many buyers using their VA eligibility over the last 20 years in the business. The awesome thing is that you can do zero money down plus I can get the seller to pay for your closing cost and prepaid items which includes your first years homeowners insurance policy and property taxes. Pleae take a look at my website if you like for my professional qulifications. I work with buyers anywhere as far south as peachtree City to as far north as Dawson, Hall or Jackson Counties.
Hello S. Jeff,
Here is a link to what the requirements are to obtain a VA loan as well as information on employment qualifications:

http://www.veteran.com/va-loan-guide/va_eligibility.php?src=…

Theses are the basic requirements:

-90 days or more active duty service during wartime
-181 days or more of active duty during peacetime
-You were not dishonorably discharged
-You are active duty and meet the above requirements
-You are the surviving spouse of a veteran who died during service or because of service-related injuries and you have not remarried

The VA prefers to see consecutive employment for at least two years and they will consider a lesser time frame if you can provide documentation and a good explanation for it.

Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
As long are you are a W-2 employee and not using bonus, commission, or overtime, that should be ok for employment.

Working with a knowledgeable and seasoned loan officer is critical in today's market. Getting Pre-Qualified is the only way for you to find out your options. To get Pre-Qualified for your purchase, you can submit your request online at http://www.rodneymason.com.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.