Home Buying in Sun Valley>Question Details

John R Brads…, Home Buyer in overseas

soon, i will be returning to sun valley, nevada and wish to purchase a single home, with land (and gated )

Asked by John R Bradshaw, overseas Thu Jun 26, 2008

preferable on on near brownlee lane. My credit after a nasty divorce leaves a lot to be desired but i still can use my
VA down payment program. Can this work? My compensation (VA/SS) is nearly $40,000 annual.

Answers

3
John,

The first thing you will want to do is find a good lender and get pre-qualified. After you are pre-qualified, then you will know what price range you will be able to afford. There is no need to start looking at homes when you do not know what you can afford to purchase. Your Realtor then can begin searching for the right home for you.

When you have time, please visit my website http://www.RenoTahoe4Sale.com and you will be able to see what is on the market. It is linked to our multiple listing service and it is updated daily. If I can answer any questions, please feel free to call me at (775) 843-5878 or my email is brendarodie@yahoo.com. I look forward hearing from you.

Brenda Rodie, GRI
Liberty Realty
9520 Prototype Ct.
Reno, NV 89521
(775)843-5878
I have some great contacts in Reno who know the area and there are opportunities for you out there! Please contact me and I can put you in touch with a lender who can help, too.
Web Reference: http://buytahoehomes.com
find a reputable realtor who knows the area and be as specific as you can with what you want. A good realtor can work woth you even if you are overseas by sending you listing to view on your computer so that when you come back to the area you have already seen many options and can narrow your search and spend less time "driving around" and only see the ones you are interested in. Know a good Realtor if you need one--he has worked with a clintent who was in stationed in Iraq and purchased a home in Sparks.