Home Buying in Nashua>Question Details

merima   zeh…, Renter in Nashua, NH

sold house last nov.short sale banks offer.how long need to wait to apply for new loan and purchase new home..thy

Asked by merima zeher, Nashua, NH Sun Jan 22, 2012

Answers

3
Marleen Paquette’s answer
The waiting perior for an FHA loan is 3 years. VA loans the waiting period is 2 years but the entitlement must be restored by VA. 5. Conventional – 2-7 Years depending on investor and down-payment
2yrs-20%, 4yrs-10%, 7yrs-5% (Also Depends on MI company)
The earliest one I have seen has been 13 months, however you should meet with a local and trusted loan officer who can prequailify you at no cost and let you know if you can quailify now or what you will need to do and how much time it will take. It will depend on how yoru short sale was reported, this should have been include din your negotiations. Then it will depend if you re-established your credit. , if you would like a referal of a loan officer just email me.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Your best bet is to call your bank and ask. Your credit after a short sale is usually harmed by about 4 years. It isnt as harmful as a foreclosure which can be 7 years. All of these things can depend on the situation. If I had to guess 4 years.