Home Buying in Springfield>Question Details

Jasver Singh, Home Seller in 19082

should wait or buy now ?

Asked by Jasver Singh, 19082 Wed Jan 16, 2013

Answers

11
Simple question. Complicated answer. But finding the information you need isn't that bad. If you have a realtor contract them for a lender that will pull your credit on time and tell you where you are and what can be done to get better. Anyone can work to get a better rate. No one is the best they can be.
Next put to paper what you are wanting to get. Not the number of bedrooms and baths but describe the lifestyle you are looking for. Put those together select your agent and see if there is anything out there that meets your needs and finances. This should give you the hard facts needed to make the decision.
All the Best.
Benny Smith
Hi Jasver,

That's a very relative question. Just wondering why you ask. Do you have reservations? If so, it's best to write them down and find out if they are based on fact or fear. Also, before you buy, it's best to know what you're getting into if you're a first time home buyer or if buying is right for you at this point in time. If you're not a first time home buyer, then my suggestion is discuss your reservations, if you have any, with a Realtor.

If you'd like to chat, please contact me.

Lisa Small
Realtor/Recruiter
Premier Property Sales and Rentals
(610) 764-1371
LisaSmall@rcn.com
Dear Lisa: This is such a positive response!!!
Flag Wed Jun 12, 2013
Anyone "sitting on the fence" at this point should be asking themselves, Why? This doesn't mean we subscribe to "buying at any cost" but in most locations the time is perfect for buying.

The absolute worst thing any potential buyer could do is to remove themselves from being active, searching for that perfect opportunity. At this point, remaining current with market availability could find you in the eventual position of identifying the perfect opportunity....the ideal home, in a great location, being offered at a price you just can't walk away from.

Hello Jasver,

You will never find a Realtor that will tell you it's a bad time to buy! Benny Smith obviously is here to prove me wrong! :-)

That being said, rates are at historic lows, there are lots olf distressed properties on the market.
and bargains available.
Lets compare to 2006. You could by a $300,000 home at 6% for a payment of $1800.
That $300,000 home now costs $210,000 and interest rates are in the low 3's. So now your payment is just over $900.Thats a 50% discount to 2006 cost of housing.

YES its a great time to buy!

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
VOTED BEST IN BUCKS 2010 & 2012
NMLS ID 143960
If you have the means now is the time to buy. There is a reasonable amount of inventory available and prices are favorable to the Buyer. Right now there are over 100 properties for sale in Springfield starting in the low $100's. Get your mortgage pre-approval done and start your search! You can search right from my website at http://edwardcole.LNF.com. Call me if you need assistance.
You may buy now because this is the best time to buy in this country
Depends on your situation. There is no truthful answer without more information. Now is always a good time to buy for the well healed and those flush with CASH. Later is often better for low credit and no cash. Most people fall somewhere in between. Contact a Realtor and a lender to get an answer that takes into account your needs.
Jasver
It's a great time to buy! The home prices are low and you will never find interest rates this good!!! Go to my website delawarecountylistings.com. I'd be happy to help!
Web Reference: http://Www.patgildea.com
I don't know your local market, but It seems like a lot of markets have turned the corner and are starting to improve. Also, as Travis mentioned, rates are incredible low. I think now is the time to buy.
Hi Jasver, my colleague Tyler below is correct. I would buy now. Home prices are low, rates are low. While the interest rates may hold steady for about a year, the home prices in our area may not. Neither the home prices nor the rates are going to get any lower. To wait is an unknown. And lastly, love him or hate him, Warren Buffett has said that the number one investment right now is a single family home. And all the experts are saying not to wait. You wait too long, you miss the boat entirely.

Where and what are you looking for? What are you trying to accomplish? What are your short and long term property goals?

Call me if you would like to chat.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Luxury Home Marketing Specialist
Licensed in NJ and PA

Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
856.979.5967 cell
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com
I would buy now, interest rates are still incredibly low! I could refer you to an experienced Agent working in Springfield. Send me your contact info to Tjackson@c21mm.com

Travis Jackson
Century 21 M & M Associates
DRE# 01879566
Tjackson@c21mm.com
http://www.408RealEstate.com