Home Buying in North Augusta>Question Details

Lopez, Home Buyer in North Augusta, SC

should the seller provide me with a clean termite letter if i live in south carolina?

Asked by Lopez, North Augusta, SC Thu Aug 11, 2011

Answers

3
You should have a termite inspection no matter where you live and if there is evidence of termite damage the home should be treated by an exterminator prior to closing. But where I live and work, it is up to the buyer to have the inspection done. Check with your realtor and lawyer to find out what is customary in your area.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 11, 2011
Hi, I serve the North Augusta, SC area, and I usually suggest my buyers to ask for a termite letter. Please feel free to call me if you have any more questions.
Alley
(706)231-8134
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 14, 2014
A clear CL-100 is required in most cases by the lender. The contract should stipulate whether it is the buyer or the seller's responsibility to have the termite inspection completed and paid for. Your real estate agent should be able to answer your question and instruct you as how to negotiate this portion of the SC contract.