Mark, Home Buyer in Detroit, MI

should i become a realtytrac member to get a good deal on a home?

Asked by Mark, Detroit, MI Thu Jul 15, 2010

Answers

9
I'm not sure what you think Realty Trac will do for you. If you want to try and purchase a pre-foreclosure home by contacting homeowners that have received their notice of default..... then maybe this is a way to start.

There is a huge learning curve to doing this as well as if you do find someone, they can't just sell you a property, because most likely they will need to short sale their home.... who will do the negotiations. If you use it to find properties that the bank owns.... most banks will not sell a property until it has hit the open market.

As far as getting a good deal their is nothing that beats market knowledge and negotiating skills that a Realtor can handle for you.

My guess is it will be a lot of work for you for nothing.
Web Reference: http://www.thehousewiz.com
Mark, I agree with the others. It is just a website. Some of these the owners do not have the intention of selling since they are trying to work with the bank to keep it. In our area the foreclosures are always listed by local agents on our MLS. As Pamala stated, get a buyers agent. You will especially want one on a foreclosure!

I hope this information helps! Best Wishes!
Web Reference: http://www.GoMelinda.com
CorrectionMark
Realty Trac listings would not get you a better deal it is just a web site that lists foreclosures.
Mark
Realty Trac listings would get you a better deal it is just a web site that lists foreclosures. If you are looking for a foreclosure I would suggest you seek out a Realtor that will represent you as a Buyers Agent and also is experienced in negotiating.
They can certainly help you get the best deal.

Good Luck

Pam Bava, Realtor
248-651-1200
Real Living Kee Realty
You may find it more confusing than ever.
Searching for homes on public web sites can be frustrating and very time consuming.
They are often misleading, not up-to-date, inaccurate, etc.
Frankly, most of them are a waste of time.

And besides, the best deals come from working with a good Buyer's Agent.

Log on to the site below to receive lists of properties available that are exactly the type you have an interest.
The lists will be accurate and up-to-date, and save you a lot of time.
Let me know the size, type and location of houses you have an interest
and I will email you regularly with what is available.

Chip Andis
Buyer's Agent
(248) 931-0084

REALFi ~ Real Estate and Finance in One
34 S TELEGRAPH
WATERFORD, MI 48328
Mark,

NO, it is not necessary.

To make a wise purchase, you need to be represented by a good real estate professional. If you want to search foreclosures, you my use the following link...
No--Keep in mind not all RealtyTrac ads are accurate, reliable and some are misleading--you could be looking at a lis-pendens--notice of default--or some kind of filing fee, etc.,--some of those homes may not be for sale an some may never be if the owner satisfies the default. If you are interested in foreclosures, consider working with an agent; he/she will have the most accurate and up to date information--not all foreclosures are great bargains, therefore don't overlook some traditional sales as some may turn out to be a much better buy.
no its not necessary. im not sure as why you would think this is the case.
Mark, my first thought is no. But, what is it that causes you to believe that you may get a better deal by subscribing to Realtytrac? Is it the advance notice of liens/sherriff sales relating to a property? Please keep in mind that most, if not all, foreclosures are listed with a real estate office. Is there a particular area or home that you are interested in? Contact a local Realtor, they may be able to help you achieve your goal without having to pay a subscription fee.
Good luck, John