Home Buying in England>Question Details

Keilly, Home Buyer in England, AR

should I wait to buy a house untill after the summer?

Asked by Keilly, England, AR Tue Apr 29, 2008

I am a first time buyer I want to get on the property ladder the realator insists that I should invest now in a 1bed flat for £130.000 in gravesend kent its nothing special seems like a lot ... should I wait untill after the summer

There is no bad time to buy real estate and start building equity. Do your home work so to speak. Explore communities, neighborhoods, asks boatloads of questions. Then see what properties in your price range are selling for. Zero in on the best deals, don't be afraid to make offers. Don't feel pressure to take the first pretty property that comes along. Shop for the best interest rate. But start owning not renting, throwing cash in the trash.
Hi Keilly,
I answered your question in Apr 2008 and wondered if you ever bought that flat? Contact me - Thanks John
Congratulations First Time Home Buyer!

Right now is a favorable time for home buyers. Interest rates are still low, sub-prime loans have been minimized, and sellers are motivated to sell so that they too can purchase a new home!

I specialize in working with first time home buyers. I advise you to first settle in your heart, mind and spirit that you deserve to own your own home. I often encourage my first time home buyers to increase their faith levels, prepare and educate themselves about the home buying process and then MOVE FORWARD!

People who are renters, are afraid to move forward and become homeowners because they listen to the media and other external noise. But, think for a moment...no matter if the market goes up or down "YOU DON'T BENEFIT EITHER WAY" because, you are renting without any return on your money.

If you purchase NOW, and get a good, fixed interest rate mortgage you will be SAFE regardless of what happens in the market. My advice is to make sure that you choose a home that you can comfortably afford with minimal repairs (something updated would be nice). Choose an area that is clean, safe, with good schools and the possibility for good re-sale value (should you decide to sell one day).

The key to being a smart and successful home buyer is to prepare (which you have) and educate yourself about the home buying process. You have good credit and should qualify for a good interest rate. There are so many programs that will help you with your down payment and/or closing costs. VISIT: FHA.com for (down payment grants) available.

Don't be afraid, and if you do become afraid..."Do It AFRAID." - Joyce Meyer

You can do it! I believe in you!

The only thing that is hindering you is fear, not the market. Noone can 100% predict what's going to happen with the market in the next 3 months. All you can do is make a good, wise decision based on the facts and good information that you have RIGHT NOW - things are favorable for you NOW. Live in the NOW and trust God's provision for you and your child's future.

Please visit: http://www.naca.com. This loan program is 100% legit. I refer my buyers to this program here in Little Rock, AR all the time! I believe in the product they offer and it is amazing!

No closing costs
No down payment
No perfect credit
Lowest, fixed interest rate for 30 years
Use the closing costs you receive from the seller to buy down your interest rate
Take out extra money to remodel a home, buy new appliances and more by having it added to your loan

My sister purchased a home with the NACA program in December of 2007. I promise that they delivered everything they promised with their loan product. Their funding comes from Bank of America.
My sisters interest rate is 3.8% fixed for 30 years. My client last week closed on a home at 1.6% fixed!!! She did put additional money down.

I am purchasing my next home with a NACA loan and I have excellent credit!

I would love to hear from you or answer any additional questions that you might have. I have created an excellent first time home buyer website with tons of valuable "how to" information on the home buying process plus, motivation and inspiration for your home buying journey.

Promise me you will at least check in to it! It will be a blessing to you!

I wish you much success and blessings in your new home!

Move Forward,
Homebuyer Advantages
Hello Keilly,
As a Realtor in the United States with a Mother -In- Law in Ipswich, England, I would suggest you talk to several other estate agents before making a decision to purchase. There are many factors to consider when buying a property, especially if it is your first home purchase. One concern I would have about buying a one bedroom flat is that you may be limited in space if you begin a family in the near future. If you can find a two bedroom place in your price range you might be better off in the long run.