Home Buying in Edmondson>Question Details

Milton Mccray, Home Buyer in Baltimore, MD

should I come with a cashiers check or bank statement when trying purchase this property?

Asked by Milton Mccray, Baltimore, MD Tue Nov 19, 2013

Answers

8
Hi, you need a bank statement showing proof of funds. Your agent will write the contract with proof of funds. An earnest money deposit is needed at time of offer as well.

From your question, I assumed you were interested in buying a property, if so my above response should help.

Good Luck

Good Luck
If you are looking to make an offer, than your agent should guide you with what you need. A copy fo your account for proof of funds and a check for your deposit. if you are closing on a property, contact your closing attorney and they can tell you how much to bring to closing in teh form of a cashiers check.
For settlement you need to bring a cashiers check. You can also wire the funds to the settlement company. You earnest money deposit that you gave at contract time will also come back to you at settlement so the amount of the cashiers check or wire should reflect the amount needed to close less the earnest deposit you already gave.
What are you referring to exactly? Closing on a property? Then you need to bring a cashier's check for the amount you owe at closing. Or are you just wanting to go look at a property?? If you're paying cash, you'll need to provide proof of funds showing you're good for the money. If you're getting a loan, you'll need to provide all sorts of financial documentation. I think you need to be more specific in your question about what you're doing.
Hi there-
A bank statement will be acceptable for proof of funds after the offer is accepted(keep Fingers cross) then they will need a certified check from you at closing.
Flag Tue Nov 19, 2013
Hi Milton, this awesome title company I know has a video of what you need for settlement on YouTube. They also have videos on title insurance and explanation of settlement costs.
If you plan to pay cash, then you should come with your Realtor, a purchase agreement, and proof of funds (a recent bank statement will do). The Realtor is optional, but highly recommended.

If you are requiring a mortgage at all, then you should come armed with a pre-approval letter.

Hope this helps!
Hello are you referring to my listed property? If its my listed property its a short sale and is subject to third party approval. If a property is not a short sale and if you are paying for it in cash you will need to work out that with the listing agent about payment. If you are financing the property a bank statement will be needed after you place an offer to make sure you have the funds to cover the amount of money down.