Home Buying in Marana>Question Details

Calflan, Home Buyer in Marana, AZ

should I buy a house in today's market in marana arizona ?

Asked by Calflan, Marana, AZ Wed Jun 1, 2011

Answers

4
If you intend to stay in Marana for a long while and want to enjoy the opportunity to also own land besides a home, then this is the time to buy cause Marana, north of Avra Valley Road is growing by leaps and bounds... We on the south of Avra Valley are still enjoying larger pieces of land and open vistas to the mountains and natures critters...

I believe it is still a buyer's market and with the economy in a slump, yes, buy now cause when it goes up again so will prices of homes... In the almost 2 years since I bought my home, a former foreclosure in better shape than most and on five acres, the price of homes has gone up in price than I bought this one for...

Happy house hunting Calflan, and good luck...
I think that it is a great time to buy pretty much anywhere. Today’s market is on the buyers side and with rates in the mid to low 4's you would be off to a great start!

I would start by contacting a lender and have them work up numbers for you to compare what you are paying now vs. what you would pay monthly and own your own home.

If you would like to see a few good faith estimates let me know i would be more than happy to run some numbers for you.
Good afternoon! The quick answer is YES.

The combination of low financing cost, high levels of inventory and price points that are at 2003 levels make the affordability of home purchase something to strongly consider. That being said each individual is best served if they look closely their own financial position and plan out the purchase costs and ongoing home ownership expenses. Do they have sufficient capital to make a home purchase and monthly income to support the home they purchase? Utilities, and routine maintenance can take a significant amount of monthly income. When looking at a potential home check all of the facts and historical operating costs before make the buying decision. A good lender, financial advisor or real estate agent can help you work you way though the decison process.

Marana is a buyer's market but good research will make the purchase a home you will enjoy for years to come.

Hope this helps you to make a decision.

Jim McGovern
Associate Broker
Long Realty Company
jimmcgovern@longrealty.com
jimmc.longrealty.com
It's a buyers market right now which is definitely a plus and there is a lot of inventory in Marana. Interest rates are low as well. If it is something you are thinking about you should look into it further and see what options you have.