Home Buying in Illinois>Question Details

12355, Renter in Cicero, IL

short sale counter offer

Asked by 12355, Cicero, IL Fri Nov 23, 2012

i put an offer on a short sale after four months the bank sent a counter offer and gave us 24hr to respond we accepted and its been two months since and no repsonse from the selling bank . should I just give up on the property ? I really just want to be done with this . thankyou

Answers

1
When it comes to short sales. The loss mitigators department is overwhelmed with files, depending on where your purchasing this property there department can be more overwhelmed depending on the amount of pre foreclosures in the area, Your best bet is to contact the broker, I'm sure the property is listed on the MLS since it's one of the request the bank makes during a short sale, and your next best best is to contact the bank directly. I don't believe you should give up. if the property is still on the MLS than chances are it is still available and up for grabs. Good Luck