Home Buying in Antioch>Question Details

Hollie, Home Buyer in Tracy, CA

seller move out on COE

Asked by Hollie, Tracy, CA Tue Jun 5, 2012

This is a short sale and we got an 15 days extension so that we have to close on the 20th. The seller said he will move out on 20th.
Can I ask the title company to hold up recording on the 20th morning? If the house is vecant, I can ask the title company to do recording.

Answers

5
Hi Hollie, Talk to your agent, but I would think if you drove by the day before and saw they were making progress moving, then all should be well. If nothing has moved and the house was full, I would probably be concerned. Talk it over with your agent and ask for their suggestions. All the best to you!

Jennifer Romiti
Altera Signature Properties
925-200-0453
http://www.TeamRomiti.com
Thanks Bernard. We must close on the 20th.
Thanks, Jennifer. They should deliver possession to us on the 20th at 12pm.
If it is a short sale, the short sale lender will have been VERY specific about when the transaction must close. This is vlearly laid out in the Short Sale Approval Letter, which you should have a copy.

What is your agent telling you here?

Bernard Gibbons

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bernard Gibbons, J. Rockcliff Realtors
DRE License # 01331583
Phone (925) 997-1585 - bernard@bernardgibbons.com

http://www.BernardGibbons.com
Hello, your purchase contract should have the time and date that the seller is supposed to deliver possession to you. This is located on page 3 in section 5A of the purchase agreement. With an owner occupied sale, it is typical for the escrow to close and the seller to turn over possession on the day of closing, the default time is 5pm. Your agent may have entered an alternate time so you would want to look that over. I would recommend discussing this with your agent to see if there is cause to delay recording and what ramifications it may have. All the best!