Kcl932@hotma…, Home Buyer in 20910

seeking inspector

Asked by Kcl932@hotmail.com, 20910 Fri Jul 24, 2009

looking for the most rigorous well-respected 'dealbreaker' inspector in the area for 1st -time home purchase.

how much E O insurance are inspectors supposed to carry? apparently some don't carry any, just liability (i don't want to sue).

Answers

5
As an exclusive buyer's agent, I work with and recommend home inspectors all the time. It is important to find one that is very thorough, and will teach you about your new home and the regular maintenance that will be part home ownership. The inspectors I respect most are very straight forward. Sometimes they have to stop the inspection and say that the home is not worth buying. Some inpsectors are very thorough, but are not great teachers. Some agents are closely affiliated with listing agents so I question their objectivity.

I have a long list of great inspectors, but there are two excellent inspectors who I use most often. I feel very comfortable recommending them to all of my buyer clients. They are:

Bobby Mayberry, RPM Home Inspect, LLC
O: 703.554.3906

Larry Wasson, of Affiliated Inspectors
O: 301.986.8866

Let me konw if you have any other questions about home inspectors.

Dana Hollish Hill
Vice President, Buyer’s Edge Company, Inc.
Representing People, Not Properties
301-657-1475 cell 202.271.5301 web Hollish.com
Alan Beal of Mid Atlantic Home Inspections. Alan is also a custom builder/craftsman so he is more than just a licensed home inspector. Very professional!
Hello, one of my favorites is Jim Williams at Pillar to Post: Email: jim.williams@pillartopost.com He has inspected several of my personal purchases and I have been especially glad. If you need a realtor (and it sounds as if you do) contact me. Also, so you know most inspection documents specify how any errors or omissions are handled. I've never seen one that says it will pay more than the cost of the inspection. I don't think the state mandates they carry any (as they do with Realtors) but that may have changed since inspectors requirements have changed, Jim would know he stays on top of things. Just realize when you do have an inspection done that you are looking for structural problems that effect the home, not the 'deck needs to be cleaned'. Any home that is not brand new comes with maintenance. The seller needs to ensure the integrity of house systems, not that you want a fence replaced or deck cleaned or shrubs trimmed. Cher cheryl.varnum-glenn@ziprealty.com
Kc,

Consider checking out the following website. It is a resource for professionals to network that also involves recommendation from previous customers. It may assist you with your "inspector" search or other needs in the future.

http://www.linkedin.com
Inspector are licensed by State, have requirement and procedures to follow representing a buyer. Unconfirmed exactly what you are asking. Have your buyers agent provide you approx. 3 -5 inspectors OR google search if you are purchasing a home without a Realtor representing you.

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911
Lynn911
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com