vmonroig21, Renter in Fort Lauderdale, FL

scared to pull my credit report ;/ I really want to buy a house .

Asked by vmonroig21, Fort Lauderdale, FL Tue Jan 29, 2013

ugh just wondering if i should find a lender to do a bad credit loan or am i kidding myself trying to find a house in the 100-150k range knowing my credit is poor.

Answers

2
VMonroig21,

Don't be scared. Just know that no matter what information you find out, you can work to repair it. If you are in great shape then buying a home soon will be easier. If you have dings, or score issues a great agent can give you advice to make those go away faster. The best thing to do is locate a great mortgage person and talk to them.

I know of one such great agent. Her name is Pam Wirth and her email is Pam.Wirth@teamchfa.org
You can email your questions about credit, scoring and other home loan alternatives and she will be more than happy to answer them. She is very nice, super helpful and a no pressure lady.

Please feel free to email me as well if you would like at THOYT@prutropical.com. There are many programs to help people into homeownership so don't sell yourself short. Learning all the facts makes you a smart consumer.

Good Luck and give Pam a try. No pressure, just help.

Respectfully,
Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty
1) Pull your credit report. Avoiding it will not solve the problem.

2) If your score is below 700, do something to fix it. If you'd like to speak with a credit counselor, call or send me an e-mail and I'll recommend someone.
i pulled my credit last april without a score and i have 4 negative items against me total to be paid of about $2k .. i have a VR for co-signing for a sister and will be removed as of sep 2014 .. i just wonder what my score will be b/c back in 2003 i had 12 ngatives and my score was 524 ..
Flag Tue Jan 29, 2013
Leasea home with a option to purcase, build equity while you live in the home, rebuild your credit and exercise the option to buy when you can
Flag Tue Jan 29, 2013