Home Buying in Lincoln Park>Question Details

yvet00, Other/Just Looking in Atlanta, GA

safe areas in chicago

Asked by yvet00, Atlanta, GA Thu Nov 7, 2013

Answers

12
look on the internet to do your research, we cant advise you on that
Yes, there are plenty. For mortgage help, call or email for a free pre-approval in less than 10 minutes. We lend our own money and are licensed in 49 states.

We can do: FHA, Conventional, USDA, VA, HARP, Interest Only, Home Equity, Fixed, and Variable. Find out which product is right for you by calling Brad at (855) 415-5626.

Brad Neumann
Sr. Loan Officer
Crosscountry Mortgage Inc.
Toll Free: (855) 415-5626 ext. 5734
Email: bneumann@myccmortgage.com
NMLS# 948036
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
As you can tell from the comments below, realtors are not the best people to ask for a direct answer to your question. If possible, take some time to visit a particular neighborhood at different times of the day (especially at night). Ask friends, family, or colleagues about their experience. Investigate any online comments. If you are coming into town, I would be happy to give you a tour of various neighborhoods so that you can make a more informed decision.
This link below may provide some helpful visual statistics but I also recommend doing some independent research.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/il/chicago/crime/
We cant comment on things of this nature. You can always check crimebyblock.com to check out for yourself.
Web Reference: http://Americorpre.com
I suggest you do searches on incident reports. You question is really an opinion and one a Realtor cannot give.
Good luck to you
Check with friends/family/co workers and police department.
Good luck to you
Flag Fri Nov 8, 2013
Try this website for further info.

http://gis.chicagopolice.org/clearmap/startpage.htm
We cannot comment on what safe is or isn't. I suggest you take a tour of the neighborhoods you would like to live in and decide that for yourself. Make sure you visit all types of hours and take the time to speak with the neighbors. Go to the local CAPS meetings and listen to the comments and concerns. Good luck!
Hi there! Its best to view crime stats by zip code via the Chicago police dept!
Santiago is correct, what do you mean by safe?
What do you mean ? For safe areas ?
Seriously! Realtors are among few salespeople in the world who are allowed to 'sell' nearly anything to anyone, at a nice healthy commission, and claim no responsibility for the product, its safety or 'right to sell' it. Signs are posted all over grocery stores, firearms stores, etc telling of consumer 'issues' with products, restrictions, alerts etc. With the largest purchase in your life, you're on your own. Remind me, again, who is to 'blame' for the housing bubble and issues. Selling 'unsuitable', 'high risk' items to the public without disclosure should be outlawed everywhere....
It would be great if realtors, at minimum would 'post' the facts and then let the consumer decide....not tell them to do a 'drive by'; It's not you..... it's the system and these kind of comments 'what is safe' , are discouraging. I apologize, but even when I think I might like to buy another property, these comments remind me why I won't use a realtor. Yes, I'll do a drive by ..
Flag Fri Dec 27, 2013