Home Buying in Allen>Question Details

Archery1, Home Buyer in Allen, TX

reviews of pulte homes in allen texas

Asked by Archery1, Allen, TX Sun Jul 17, 2011

Any one have a good experience with Pulte Homes. We're specifically looking at one of their communities in Allen, TX

Answers

8
We had a same experience with very bad customer service. Not ready to listen about what customer needs. Asked them to add small windows in the kitchen and we can do on our own after closing is done. Even then I lost my contract job and showed them can not afford to buy this house, so please refund the EMD of $7500 but refuse to refund. Not customer oriented.
We recently had to quit a new house contract from WaterFord Parks due to all kinds of construction quality issues and awful customer service And they refused to return our earnest money. It is nightmarish experience. Funny thing is they are selling the house right now by jacking up the price 20%. Is there any other options to get our earnest money back rather than hire an attorney (which is not worth it)?
Professional code of ethics prevents any Realtor to make a comment

Recommend : Google search for media published reports

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Pulte is one of the nations most reputable builders that has stood the test of time for consumers. Certainly if you dig long enough and deep enough you will likely be able to find people that are willing to share their horror stories.

Our recommendation is to base your decision on the product. By understanding what the building process includes and what the differences are from one builder to another, you will be able to come to an informed decision.

Regardless of location, long established builders have generally figured out what they need to do to establish credibility and maintain a favorable reputation...one that helps to sell their homes.

We have no association with Pulte or any other builders.

Best wishes,

You must be speaking about Waterford Parks.

I like Pulte. They've always been one of my favorite builders. Typically they load up the model with upgrades and then tell you the house you want is going to cost $50,000 more to get all the upgrades you see and like in the model. I have thought most of their reps were straight shooters.....and a little less sales crazy than some of their competitors.

In the end though ALWAYs ALWAYs, ALWAYs use a realtor when purchasing a new home.
Before buying a new home read:
http://teamlynn.yourkwagent.com/atj/user/AdditionalGetAction…
There are lots and lots of things that can go wrong, even when buying with the best builders.
It's nice to have someone with experience in your corner fighting for you.
Things do go wrong and the builder's rep is going to be fighting for the company not for you.

There's normally no extra charge to have a Realtor in your corner, so if you don't already have a
buyer's agent, call me at 214x675-6992
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
I have sold a couple of pulte homes, and all of the families are very happy with the service, quality and so on. It will be a good idea to hire a local Realtor and will get the best advise. I am always available. I work in Allen at the Keller Williams Allen which is next to the community you are intrested in. My number is 214 649 5086
You can check on JD Powers website (they are an independent company) for ratings, here is the link for you:
http://www.jdpower.com/homes
Alternately if you are brave enough knock on some doors or walk the neighborhood and talk to some neighbors - people love to talk about their homes.
Pulte is a good builder. They are a national builder and have a long history in the area for building reasonably priced homes. Pulte bought Centex Homes a while back. Drees and Darling homes have also built in Waterford Parks. You will find that Pulte homes appear comparable on the surface, but won't have the detailing or level of finish out that these other builders include. This does not mean that Pulte is a lesser builder, just a different level.

A good agent can point out the differences, negotiate the best price for you with any builder, and provide referrals to inspectors and other vendors to help assure you of a smooth transaction. Builders pay our commission and respect REALTORS because we represent more than one transaction to them.

Patrick Jackson
REALTOR, ABR, E-PRO, GRI
patrickcjackson@gmail.com