Home Buying in Ocean Gate>Question Details

Jack, Both Buyer and Seller in 19075

retiring to ocean gate. yes or no? frankly even some local police officers have advised against it citing drug problems. what is your opinion?

Asked by Jack, 19075 Thu Jun 9, 2011

Helen Cocuzza’s answer
Having had listings in Ocean Gate & being around the town, I have found it very family friendly, while walking on the boardwalk with my young daughter, we happened to trip & several young teens ran to help us out, seems they were just hanging around enjoying the area just the same as the adults. If your worried about drugs, if you research it you'll find that they are just everywhere , if you & the neighbors are all looking out for eachother Im sure you;ll find less of the wreckless groups around. If you would like I would be happy to send you some Ocean Gate area information as well as listings. Good Luck Selling also!

Helen Cocuzza Realtor Associate & Professional Staging- Relocation Services
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate Mary Holder Office
Contact: (732) 232-1614 Email: hcocuzza@maryholder.com
Facebook: Facebook Search: Homes at the Jersey Shore & More
Ocean Gate is a lovely, quiet and safe waterfront community! My grandfather bought a summer home in 1924, my parents built a "retirement home" in 1964 and my family has been here since (originally as summer residents from Philadelphia) as permanent residents since Dad passed away in 1981. We love it! Dad loved it so much he commuted everyday from Philly during the summer months.The original brochures described OG as a place where the "pines meet the sea." It really is more like "where the trees meet the water." Lots of greenery here, a beautiful beach with a 1.2 mile boardwalk (sans amusements), 2 piers, 4 pavilions, 4 jetties, a yacht club and marina/ yacht basin! There are many clubs to join...Seniors, Veterans, Historical, Civic, First Aid and Fire Auxiliaries. Did I mention our wonderful volunteer First Aid Squad and Fire Departments? The First Aid Squad has world class equipment and EMTs supported solely by donations...there is never a charge for services! Ditto for our Fire Department! All of the active members are heroes in my book! You will find great housing buys and friendly residents here. Ocean Gate is a wonderful place to live!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 22, 2013
I am personal friends with the chief of police in ocean gate, he tells me its the safest town around. great area, good house bargains, close to everything. great area for boating, fishing and crabbing.
If I can help you find just what your looking for , please contact me. I will introduce you to the chief.
Bruce 732-600-5959