MaryB, Home Buyer in Carolina Beach, NC

rental vacancy rates in CB and Kure

Asked by MaryB, Carolina Beach, NC Wed Oct 2, 2013

I'm interested in buying a beach rental property but would like to know average occupancy/vacancy rates for beach front property. I haven't been able find these statistics. Can anyone advise?

Answers

3
Hi Mary,

I manage long term and vacation rentals on Pleasure Island, which includes Carolina and Kure Beach. I'd be happy to chat with you about rental incomes and vacancy rates.

Cindi Jacobs, Broker
OceanBreeze Properties, LLC
910-707-0308
910-508-4339
Mary B -- I own a few properties on the beach.... and my long term vacancy rate is -- well, I don't have vacancies -- I take 15 - 30 days between tenants to do repairs, but otherwise, as soon as I advertise, they are rented.

The vacation rental situation is different, depending on the houses. Some are full all the time.
You can talk to Wrightsville Sands Realty -- who do not sell houses, so they will only talk rentals.
They are the managers for my properties now. I am getting $1500 for 4 bedrooms, $1425 for 3 bedrooms (with an ocean and lake view).

If you have any other questions let me know
B.B.
Hi, MaryB - I will be happy to help you with this. I need to know what type of beach rental property you want to buy - ocean front (is this the only location you will consider?) or ocean view, condo or house, how many bedrooms & baths, pool? and parking. Most important - what is your price range? Right now is a great time to buy - prices have not gone back up and inventory is still pretty plentiful. Please give me some of these categories and I will find out some occupancy/vacancy rates and a range of gross rental income for you. I look forward to helping you. Margaret Young, Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Advantage - 910.612.3771 - or margaretyoung@seacoastrealty.com.