Once you decide on the neighborhoods you like, buying is better financially in the long run because Dallas is one of the most affordable urban housing market in the nation, but If you may relocate again within a very short time frame (less than 3 years), then renting makes sense. However, whether to buy or rent is a personal decision, what makes financial sense to others may mean a lot or mean nothing to you, just evaulate your personal situations and goals to make this decision. Good luck!
Rent has gone up a lot in the past 2 years in Dallas Metroplex. That's why I have been working with a lot of renters are purchasing and taking advantage of the record low interest rate. Its making a starter home very affordable. Most cases its a lot cheaper than renting an apt in Dallas.
But that's if they will stay in Dallas for at least 3-5 years. It appears that you are moving from NY? So it just depends on your other personal factors.
I would be more than happy to help you either find a place to lease or purchase for your relocation to Dallas. We can look at different options and take it from there.
You can email me at email@example.com
2. Owning a home anywhere in USA you receive annual tax benefits
3. Dallas Fort Worth area has huge boom with more inbound moves than any other state. With population growth we keep building new construction house all new residents either apts / homes/ and commercial for business.
4. Our economy is stronger than many other states.
5. You own the property no more moves when the landlord wants to increase your rent
6. Average rental amount in DFW is $1895 per month ...WOW.. why not own a home !
Dallas homes for sale Dallas Tx - website updated daily
Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.
Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease
Follow me on Facebook
I would definitely recommend that you check with a lender to see what you can get prequalified for and what interest rates they can give you. Right now interest rates are really good and it is a good time to buy and may cost you less or the same as renting.
I am glad to help you find a great lender if you need some recommendations. If you decide to buy, I would love to help you find one that works just right for you.
RE/MAX About Dallas