Home Buying in Piermont>Question Details

N, Home Buyer in

please send info on 1 or 2-family homes in artsy communities (garrison, new paltz, beacon, piermont, irvington

Asked by N, Tue Feb 3, 2009

homes in artsy communities like dobbs ferry, tarrytown,piermont, etc) @ prices not over 400,000

Answers

8
Hey "N",
I live in Tappan which is very close to Piermont & Nyack and across the river Irvington. I go to Piermont and Nyack all the time and I have a very close friend that lives in Irvington. I would love to talk to you and see exactly what you are looking for. I know of a number "artsy cool" homes in the area, that I'm sure would give you inspiration for your art. Please call me or click me. Thanks, Kevin Cavanaugh
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 4, 2009
The towns you listed are definitely some of the top picks for community's that recognize local artist. The closer you move to New York City (Piermont), homes in general are listed at a higher in price. The same is said for homes close to Metro North (Garrison and Irvington) that can take you into NYC with very little time involved. Now, New Paltz which is a good hour from Piermont (60 miles north on the NYS Thruway) is wonderful as long as the distance is a non issue. Finding a home under $400,000 is obtainable. With today's mortgage rates and First time home buyer incentives there are many options for you. I have extensive knowledge of the Rivertown communities in Rockland County. Please contact me @ 845-304-4838 for information. Thank you, Kathleen
You might also consider Cold Spring right next to Garrison. Beautiful downtown main street leading to the Hudson River. You can search the multiple listing service for these areas as well as for any listing in Westchester & Putnam County on my web site at http://www.nyhomeseller.com
Don
Web Reference: http://www.nyhomeseller.com

There are the following properties available in New Paltz:

1. Remarkable 3 family three storied brick building in Village of New Paltz. Located in the B-1 zoning district. Uses include 1) three family(as is) 2)make business on bottom floor while retaining 4400.00 income on top. 3)convert to a one familyhouse 4)uses include dentist,doctors offices to a full fledge restaurant or whatever, the skies the limit. With parking for 12 cars in rear. A truly great situation. MLS ID #20090254

2. CAPE STYLE 2 FAMILY OFFERS A 4 BR, 1.5 BATH MAIN DWELLING WITH EAT IN KITCHEN & FORMAL DINNING ROOM. FIREPLACE IN LIVING ROOM. SEASONAL VIEWS OF MOHONK. NEW ROOF & NEW GAS FIREPLACE. 1 BR RENTAL APT WILL HELP PAY YOUR MORTGAGE. ALL THIS & MUNICIPAL WATER & SEWER MAKE THIS A MUST SEE.

3. This "multi-use, multi-structure" property has vast potential beyond the existing 2 homes. R40 zoning would by conditional use permit potentially allow for access apartment on third floor, "mixed use occupancy; eating and drinking places; lodging places; resort hotels, summer cottage colonies and children's camps; bed and breakfast inns;" possible rooming house conversion of existing residential structures. All uses to be confirmed by buyers agent. Minutes to New Paltz, NYS Thruway, SUNY and UCC.

I will post other available properties within your search specifications for the other locations.
Have you considered Skyview Acres in Pomona? There are a number of artists and muscians in the community. This just came on the market:

http://www.prudentialrand.com/propertydetails.aspx?id=688029

It has an artist studio.
You can get something in Tarrytown or Dobbs. Take a look at the link below.
Hi:

Unfortunately, you wont find a house in Irvington, Westchetser county for that price.
Dear N, Please email me at: peggy.kirwan@prudentialrand.com with your email address and I will be happy to send you a detailed list of what properties in these towns are available in the Greater Hudson Valley Multiple Listing Service. Peggy