Eric, Home Buyer in North Caldwell, NJ

please advise on negotiating with k hovnanian in northern new jersey area

Asked by Eric, North Caldwell, NJ Wed Aug 31, 2011

better to negotiate for upgrades or price of the condo?

Answers

7
upgrades versus price is a value of the transaction - present versus future value. Length of ownership/occupancy and mortgage terms would help you in your decission making process.

Kind regards,

Judith Amorim Dias
973-444-5643
http://www.prudentialnewjersey.com/judith.dias
Keep in mind that...
It's the BUYER market! You do NOT need to hire a buyer agent. You will not get a better price for it. Think about the added cost; at the end of the day, it will end up costing you!!

Watch out for the wolves in sheep clothing!!!!! These answers suggesting that you hire a buyer agent is plain useless....
Hi Eric
I live in a younger Hovnanian community and I will tell you they are very easy to negotiate and work with.
Typically the best homes that most builders will negotiate the price on are " Quick Delivery " homes. Many of these homes already have upgrade packages in them and are already discounted. If you are looking to start from scratch on a to be buit home make a wish list of what you would like to have included and the price you want to offer & they will tell you what they will do. You may not get it all, but I'm sure they'll offer you a nice package that will make you happy.

Joan Congilose CRS.GRI, e-Pro
RE/MAX Central
(732) 972-1000 x 364
Eric - maybe both - make them an offer - the worst they can say is no!

If you're considering the complex I am thinking of.......my friend did that, and they said yes!
They are already including a number of upgrades.......so, what's more important to you......more upgrades or a lower price?

GET A BUYER"S AGENT!

Laura Giannotta
Hire a realtor to negotiate for you it doesn't cost you anything. Unless of course you already registered with them in which case most times they will not pay our commission.

Otherwise i agree with jane, upgrades are nice but if you can get the price down then add on upgrades it would be tter for you.

Gene Tedesco
Re/Max Home Connection
973-575-6005 Office
201-341-0307 Cell
Web Reference: http://www.genetedesco.com
If I had to choose, I would negotiate price over upgrades because although upgrades are nice, price has more to do with equity and resale value which impacts your financial future. Although I would actually negotiate both upgrades and price myself........how are your negotiation skills?

Jane
http://www.RealTerrific.com