Judith Conno…, Both Buyer and Seller in Dallas, TX

planning to move to the dallas area within 2 yrs. my son & his family looking to buy, i am looking to rent or buy in my price range. buy $140,000

Asked by Judith Connors, Dallas, TX Tue Aug 2, 2011

small as i am one person. i would consider a rental. what's available in my price range. thanks judith connors

Answers

8
Linda Lorenzo - (214) 578-3131’s answer
As mentioned elsewhere it is a little early to start looking and even though there are some good buys right now, we have all certainly learned not to predict the market very far in advance. It is a good idea to rent until you are more familiar with where you want to be, but just know that will probably tie you up for 12 months lease. Good luck in your future move and welcome to Texas.
Hello Judith,

I would suggest buying vs renting in today's market. It is actually cheaper in the Dallas area to buy and with interest rates at an all time low and the amount of foreclosures available. You can easily walk into thousands of dollars in equity. I list HUD foreclosures for the government and see absolute steals on a daily basis.

The thing is as everyone knows the markets has peaks and valleys. We are definitely in a valley right now but in the DFW area our economy is strong due to our excellent job market. In my professional opinion we will see a sever decline in foreclosures in this area over the next couple years. If you are able, it might not be a bad idea to buy a place now while everything is at an all time low, and rent it out until you are ready to make the move.

We even have a property management team that would take care of advertising, screening tenants, repairs, etc .Please email me at brandonutley@newhousehelp.com if you have any questions about buying a foreclosed property or anything real estate related for that matter. Have a great weekend!

Brandon Utley
Coldwell Banker Apex Realtors

214.505.8672
Hi Judith,
Congratulations on your decision to move to Dallas. For one person you can rent a small house or condo ( about 1200 sq. ft) starting at $1100/mth to $1300/mth. The rental market in Dallas is very fast moving so I would suggest looking at these 2 to 3 months before your move. I can send you a listing of all that is available in this price range. You can send me an email at shamashams16@gmail.com.
Dear Judith:

Congratulations on deciding to move to Dallas. Two years out is simply too far to guess at what our real estate market will be like (up or down). As for as renting, the typical rent on a single family residence or condo is 8/10 of 1% of the home's value. If you are looking to rent a home valued at $140,000, then you can expect to pay $1,120/month in rent. Please know that the rental market is picking up - so much so that new luxury apartments in Far North Dallas are in the works as we speak. 3 years ago, many apartment communities were offering free rent as a concession to get business. Those deals are far and few, now. The foreclosures have forced many more people who would never have thought of renting to now be tenants.

I suggest you keep an on the market, and look more closely when you are about 6 month's from your move.

R. Will Fairchild
Sunet Group
Commercial and Residential Solutions
469-222-4106
http://dmdrealtydfw.com/

I would recommend Darrel at DMD Realty. He can be reached at the above links...... He can send you listings, ect thru his website.
He can help you buy a home or with a rental as well.

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
DallasLoanGuy.com
(214) 763-4629 cell/text/nights/weekends(Really!!)
tomburris@dallasloanguy.com
Lending all across the entire Great State of Texas!!
Hi Judith,

As far as buying goes the $140's is a fine price range to find something that meets your criteria. With the minimum down FHA loan you payments would probably be in the $1200 range. If you are looking to rent something around the $1200's you can find it for that but depending on the city you wont have a big variety to choose from. Let me know if I can do anything to help you.
Web Reference: http://www.realtordamon.com
Hi Judith,

Check out my website. You can browse for rentals or homes for sale and get an idea of what is available in your budget.
Love to help if I can.
Regarding a rental undetermined what your budget is per month

Direct Link over 70 DFW areas homes for rent by owner
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5041417

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com