Home Buying in Brentwood>Question Details

Sam68, Home Buyer in Brentwood, TN

planning to buy a house in Inglehame Farms, brentwood , TN. My main concern is train tracks next to it. Is train honcking too loud at night.?

Asked by Sam68, Brentwood, TN Sun Apr 3, 2011

Answers

4
We've lived in IF for about 6 years...we live on Sydney and while you can certainly hear the train horns, they really dont wake me at night. I would suggest that those homes neear entrance of subdivision will have it worse than those of us that are further away. With the construction of the new park at Ravenwood farm, there is a chance that the horn wont sound as they are building an overpass.
Depends if you bought a home in the front of the neighborhood along Wilson Pike, but if bought a home in the back of the neighborhood you probably would here it at all. Plus, there are plenty of lots left to build exactly what you want. And the house available on Sydney and Charity are far enough away from Wilson Pike you probably will only here the crickets chirping. If you have anymore questions, contact me. Maybe we can see a house when the train is coming by.
Web Reference: http://www.patrickelrod.com
I am not sure how loud or where the train whistle sounds in relationship to Inglehame farms. I would bet you can hear it, but I hear the train whistle from my house if I am awake. I definitely hear it but can say I have never been awakened by it.

My wife grew up near the train whistle and she told me it is actually a comforting sound to her (reminds her of her childhood I guess). I am not yet comforted by it, but I have come to actually find that I really don't mind it, almost actually like it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 14, 2011
Ingleham Farms is a nice neighborhood in a convenient location. There are many subdivisions near that train line, and another line south in Franklin. I don't live near them, but I do drive by that way frequently in the evening. Most people say they get used to the sound of the train. I wll say though, that the horn honking in the evening is loud, especially when you are in a car on the road beside it. :) And it is dark. Sometimes the train is down in the ravine, and it would depend on where in the subdivision you are. Obviously, the closer to the track, there is a greater possibility for it to be loud. You should ask some of the neighbors there or in Avalon, on the other side of the tracks. I always hear the horn a bit south of Ingleham Farms. Maybe it doesn't even blow right there because of the houses. If it is a concern, you should ask some people who live right there.