Clarkie16, Other/Just Looking in Huntington Beach, CA

ok..the price for this mobile home is $69,000...what extra fees(HOA?) are there a month?Is there an age restriction as well?....thanks for any info

Asked by Clarkie16, Huntington Beach, CA Thu May 31, 2012

I am just looking for an affordable place to stay a few months a year in the HB area

Answers

8
Jeremy Lehman’s answer
As Daniel said, no property details. But I can tell you that almost all mobile home parks in Huntington Beach have extremely high space rentals each month. This may be in the Huntington By The Sea Mobile Estates, with a land lease that's due to expire in less than 10 years. The value of the mobile homes has dropped dramatically and many of them are for sale simultaneously. The cost of moving a home out of the park is very expensive, if it can be moved at all due to condition or age. The cost of a mobile home in Orange County with space rent can easily equal the monthly mortgage payment of an entry level home, unfortunately not one with the smell of an ocean breeze.

Hope that helps?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 31, 2012
Oops, almost forgot. Space rentals in this complex can exceed $1600 per month.
Flag Thu May 31, 2012
If you are speaking of the one on PCH in HB the space rent is $1600 a month and it is a family park. If you would like more information feel free to drop me and line or give me a call and I will see if I can assist you further.

Lori Hanson
OC Homes Realty
714-585-5236 Cell
estatepricing@yahoo.com
Without the park information I can't give you the specific rates for that park. If you ad the park information I would be more than happy to assist you further.
Wishing you the best,
Liz
We have a mobile home listed in HB for $69,000 What mobile home park are you inquiring about? They all have fees and restrictions. Give me a call and I can go over the details on our listing. Good luck and make it agreat day,
I have sold mobile homes. There is space rent per month. Some parks are family parks and allow children, there are family parks that allow children and pets. There are also senior pets where there is a 55+ age restriction.

Lastly as stated below the park would have to approve your appliction before your purchase of the mobile home would be final.

Hope this was helpful,

Barbara Robbins-Olexa, Broker
DRE Lic#797560
L B Brokerage
714-296-7270
bstrealtor@aol.com
http://www.barbararobbinsolexa.com
We certainly don't mind answering your questions, however, before you ever put down any money on a MH in a rent/lease park/community you will need to get accepted by the park management at which time they will disclose the space rent, utilities, all related fees and costs and disclose the rule and regulations. 

There are some other things you need to know about purchasing a manufactured home as well. If it's a pre HUD, built before June 15, 1976 there could be some issues with caustic and carcinogenic chemicals i.e. formaldahyde, asbestos, etc.

Additionally, trying to obtain financing for a Pre HUD home is very difficult. 

You also need to have the home thoroughly inspected by an experienced Manufactured Home inspector and not just any home inspector.

There are several nuances about manufactured homes that an inexperienced MH inspector doesn't even know to addresss. 

Make sure they check the understructure (crawl space area) to see what kind of condition all the piers and pads are in and if the home is level.

They also need to check for rips and tears in the vapor barrier (membrane seperating the ground from the floor and holding the insulation in place. 

They also need to look for any signs of drainage issues i.e. standing water, soil erosion, gaping cracks in the soil, etc.

Many parks/communities were built in flood plains and have an inherent problem with drainage issues which can lead to instability of the piers and pads and mold issues. 

Finally make sure that the home has a Housing and Community Development Department (HCD) approved Earthquake Resistant Bracing System (ERBS) in place as that area is in a zone 4 seismic area and manufacture homes are extremely vulnerable to earthquakes.

If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. Even though we do not service your area we would be more than happy to help you at no cost. We have been in the manufactured home business for almost 30 years and are a licensed general and manufactured home contractor, manufactured home dealer and developer and a real estate broker.
Contact the listing agent. They should be able to let you know all the details to the property. If the property is being sold as a For Sale By Owner, then go to the park manager and inquire about park rules and fees.
I don't see any details regarding this mobile home. Might be why no one has taken the time to answer your question yet.