Maria Pascal, Real Estate Pro in New York, NY

oil tank laws what are they and when did they go in effect

Asked by Maria Pascal, New York, NY Fri Jul 27, 2012

Answers

4
I advise you to consult with an attorney. However, I am aware of our local (NY/Long Island & Queens) and Federal Laws, but do not understand what you are exactly looking for.

For Federal laws regarding Underground Storage Tanks, check out this link: http://www.epa.gov/oust/ltffacts.htm

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

De Vonte Williamson
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Serving Long Island & Queens
Coldwell Banker Residential
Direct:(631)638-6193
Mobile: (631)384-3695
Fax:(631)236-1478
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!
Your Trusted Real Estate Professional for Life!"
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 29, 2012
These laws and regulations are governed by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. If your oil tank is below grade, you should instal a new tank inside the cellar and get a certificate of abondonment from the local town/village. Make sure that the contractor who disposes of the oil and the sludge is properly licensed by the NYS DEC. The old oil tank in the ground can either be removed, filled with sand, or filled with foam. If you want more info, it is best to contact a New York State licensed professional engineer.
When it comes to any legal questions, it's always best to consult with an attorney...
I am not sure what information you are looking for? NY is different areas under DEP

Here is a contact number for additional info

New York DEP Region 3 Sullivan, Ulster, Orange, Dutchess, Putnam, Rockland and Westchester counties (845) 256-3000

Hope this helps.... Jon