Home Buying in Kansas City>Question Details

shantup13, Home Owner in Kansas City, MO

not happy with my agent what can I do to change agents legally?

Asked by shantup13, Kansas City, MO Sun Jul 21, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


Sometimes when a home is listed, things start out slowly, then BAM, the activity increases. Best of luck to you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 22, 2013
Suggest if that dissatisfied and your home is "not" overpriced as per prior CMA of your Agent, you can call the Broker & perhaps get another Agent from the same office to take over. Believe you probably do have a binding agreement otherwise.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 22, 2013
My house has been on the market for 2 weeks with no activity. I have had no interaction with my agent regarding the listing since the house went on the market. His response time is very slow and usually via text/email. HE HAS BEEN VERY RESISTENT TO WANTING TO HAVE A REALTOR TOUR OR OPEN HOUSE- WANTING TO WAIT AWHILE. I ON THEROHAND WANT TOT GET SOME EXPOSURE BEFORE THE SCHOOL SEASON STARTS.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 22, 2013
Sometimes, personalities don't click, or expectations aren't the same, maybe there are two different understandings of the goal...talk to your agent. We want to know our clients needs and expectations.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 21, 2013
Would be curious to know why you are not happy with him/her.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 21, 2013
I see you are from Missouri and as a licensed agent in MO I can tell you that if you have signed either an Exclusive Right To Sell or an Exclusive Buyer's Agency Agreement then you would need to speak directly with your agent and/or their broker to discuss your concerns and your obligations. (And/or your attorney, of course.)

It's against our National Association of REALTORS Code of Ethics for us to offer advice or techniques for you to get out of a written agreement with another agent/agency.

So as Suzanne mentioned below it comes down to the written document. If you haven't signed anything you are free to go where you choose. If you have signed you should refer to the terms and conditions of said agreement.

Best wishes.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 21, 2013
Is the agent listing your home or helping you to buy a home? If they are the listing agent, you may have to talk to their broker, discuss the issues and see if it can be resolved. If not, you can ask to be let out of your contract, but it IS a legally binding contract so you may need to let the brokerage try to make things right and resolve the issues. If it is a buyer's agent, and you did not sign a buyer's representation agreement, then you should be able to just walk away and use someone else.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 21, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer