Home Buying in Granada Hills>Question Details

Leslie, Home Buyer in Hermosa Beach, CA

no "for sale" sign

Asked by Leslie, Hermosa Beach, CA Mon Aug 6, 2012

my realtor did not put up a "for sale" sign .. the house is on a cul de sac; could that be why? i have asked him twice by e-mail/text why there is no sign and there has been no response from him. is this normal?

Answers

11
I FINALLY HAVE A "FOR SALE" SIGN! THANKS FOR ALL WHO ANSWERED!
What time is it when your Real Estate Agent doesn't respond to you, Answer; TIME TO GET A NEW REAL ESTATE AGENT! Number one complaint from Clients-unresponsive agents. Find a new one!
a follow-up to my question above is that .. my realtor finally responded to my question with a "There was a sign ordered the same week we listed the house. I will call the sign company now and let you know what they said." That was on Monday. It is now Thursday and no further information from him. There are no HOA restrictions and the house has been listed since June and he has been to the house several times to note that there is has been no sign for two months. My co-owner hired this realtor; and, I will not agree to resign him if the house does not sell when his listing period terminates. Thank you to ALL of you for responding to my question!
A for sale sign is a part of marketing 101....though they typically don't sell homes, they do let the neighbors know what is going on, and provide a means to readily contact the listing agent....the deepwe question is why there has been no response from the realtor...this is the bigger issue and is NOT normal....I would recommend you contact his broker, and ascertain why he has not bee responsive....if he doesn't respond to you, how will he respond to a potential buyer!
A " For Sale" sign is part of marketing process . You may talk to your agent.
I would call and ask your agent and get him on the phone.
FYI Signs rarely sell homes. If you understood the sign process it would make anyone ignore them altogether.
It usually takes 1-4 business days to put a sign up.
a sign stays up usually until the property has changed hands to the new buyer.
This means the whole time the property is in escrow sign still sits and you are already in contract.
As Fast as home have been selling in the last few months,... a sign is nearly pointless.
A sign is an ad for the agent. Most people find homes for sale via their agent, their email, or online. notice I did not say SIGNS.
When you list a home for sale, it is important that your agent market your property accordingly.
In other words it should be all over the internet.
Now here is the KICKER.
If you cant reach your agent, how can anyone else who has an interest in your property?
This is the biggest reason homes do not sell that are move in ready at a good price point.
Start looking in the bars for the guy that is hammered by 11 am, that has your listing. J/k
Contact the broker and have a chat and go from there.

Harold Sharpe - Broker
So Cal Homes
(951) 821-8211
harold@socalhomeselling.org
http://www.socalhomeselling.org
California Department of Real Estate Broker License # 01312992
Its not normal, but its not exactly abnormal either. What is not normal, however, is your Realtor not responding to your inquiries. There could be several reasons why a sign wasn't put up. City or HOA restrictions, slow response from a sign installation company, ran out of signs.... There are far fewer excuses for not responding..
Not normal. Not professional. If he doesn't want to do the job you hired him to do I suggest finding another agent who will. You can also call the office he works for and speak to the broker in charge. If it were me I would get rid of them when they did not return your first contact.
If you want a for sale sign, you should absolutely have a for sale sign! This is not normal ...I recommend contacting his or her broker.
If there is not sign for sale maybe is in the go, there is a company that gives us the service to put all the signs in our listings, sometimes take a couple of days from them to do it.

Another why is maybe in your listing agreement there is a section where the owner have the options to put or no put the sign, You should check it.
1. They have too many LISTINGS and they ran out.
2. The have a "service" that is responsible for putting up and taking down, and they service a lot of Brokers, and they are busy.
3. Your realtor has the usualy "dependable" wireless service that I have.
4. There was an eathquake and the earth separated between you and him.