Denise Burks, Home Seller in Naperville, IL

new construction cost per square foot

Asked by Denise Burks, Naperville, IL Mon May 14, 2012

Answers

5
It all depends on the price of the lot. Because there is so few lots left in Naperville you can expect 175-250 a square foot depending on your upgrades. It really depends a lot on the cost of the initial lot.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 14, 2012
The absolute worst question in real estate because it is undefined! Cost per sq. ft. what does it mean? Is the land included, are real estate fees included, are city impact fees included, are taxes included, how about builder profit, bank profit & developer profit? What about floor plans, ranches cost significantly more to build then a two story and do we include finished sq. footage of walkout but not a basement? Finally are we talking about just materials or labor and materials? See where this goes and no one has a standard answer for this question! Your best bet is to focus on the value of the home as it relates to the surrounding area and a good full time Realtor® is your best bet in finding a home which represents quality & value. Good Luck!
Hi Denise,
As answered below there are many factors that determine price per Sq.Ft. I have 15+ years New Construction experience, please contact me if you have further questions.

Judy Keene
RE/MAX of Naperville
(630) 776-1590
http://www.judykeene.com
napervillerealtor@rocketmail.com
Hey Denise,

Thanks for using trulia.com to get answers to your questions.

as for the question: the price per sqft is a very relative term because it is depended on the location, size of the house, upgrades and quality of building, but to give you a range you $155-$215 I know this is a big range but again unless we know your situation this will be the best we can do..

Anyhow please call me to discuss further, I work with many builders and I can recommend many based on your price range and location... thanks.

Inaas Arabi
Option Realty Group
630-329-5000
inaas@hotmail.com
Hey Denise! Saw your question...I have been working with buyers for new construction and while most custom home builders do to like to quote price/sf due the variance in finishes I have found you can get new but basic for ~$150/sf and to get something nice expect to pay $175-$200/ sf, Call me with any further questions. Also still need to get a date on the calendar if you are still taking about the project we talked about last month. Cheers!