Homebuyer, Home Buyer in Ladera Ranch, CA

nellie gail or ladera ranch?

Asked by Homebuyer, Ladera Ranch, CA Wed Mar 28, 2012

Answers

18
Troy Hooper’s answer
It really depends on what you're looking for. Each community has it's own unique characteristics that may or may not appeal to you. Nellie Gale is one of the fiew equestrian areas in Orange County and offers larger than typical lot sizes for the area. It's also close to the 5 freeway so commuting is easier than from Ladera. Ladera is a very well master planned community which offers multiple ammenities to home owners such as swimming pools, parks, nature trails, water park, skate park and well rated schools. Both are in high demand are suggested for their own reasons. Feel free to contact me to discuss what you're looking for and I'm sure we can figure out the best plan together.
Nelle Gail.
Ladera is crowded, congested, and hot. You will hate your morning commute!
Nellie Gail has Valencia Elementary, La Paz Intermediate, and Laguna Hills High School. My kids got the BEST public education ever!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 26, 2012
Nellie Gail Hands down as a resident of both areas with 5 children I can eaisly say that. Please feel free to ask me any otjher questions. And if you want the straight scoop or just need a great buyers agent/broker please get in touch

OCJOHN
949 218-0280
john@ocjohn.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 15, 2012
Like the other agents, it so depends on what you are looking for...they are so very different. Nellie Gail is so much older...larger spaces, horses, much more variation on how the homes look. Ladera could be considered kind of "cookie cutter" to some. Houses are very close to each other, many condos and it's a very new community. Tax bases are also pretty different there!

Anything else I can help with let me know. Best of luck!

-Meredith
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 28, 2012
Wow! There is no comparison. They are two completely different communities.

Nellie Gail is mostly pretty old - think brick and oak galore, while Ladera is more like new and Tuscany.

Nellie Gail has HUGE lots, for the most part, while Ladera's are PUNY by comparison.

Nellie Gail has horse property, while Ladera is built around kids and cul-de-sacs.

Nellie Gail has a low tax base and low HOA fees, while Ladera has a combination of prohibitive taxes + Mello/Roos, and high HOA fees.

Nellie Gail some exposure to freeways/tollroads/power lines, while Ladera has some exposure to busy streets & power lines.

I suspect - but am not sure - that more of Ladera is offered as distressed proeperties, simply because most of Ladera was built in the early to mid portions of the 2000's, while Nellie Gail was established before 2000.

Those are just some of the differences that immediately come to mind.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 28, 2012
Good conversation today, I look forward to our meeting & showings Monday...

Andy Gillespie
949/212-1996
http://www.AndyGillespie.com
As Bob Phillips mentioned in a previous post, I'd not limit your scope to Nellie Gail and Ladera Ranch. There are some great alternatives in Coto / Dove Canyon also..

I'd suggest you look at your comfort zone in terms of what you want to pay on a monthly basis and then start your search based upon that parameter since Taxes and HOA can certainly be a factor. I'd be happy to help you with getting qualified.

http://www.newamericanagent.com/mattallsopp
Gareth, make sure when you compare the two communities you are incorporating the Mello Roos and the extra purchase tax of .25% of the 1% of purchase price for Ladera Ranch. It's newer, lots of parks. The downside is some of the lots are extremely small. Nellie Gail is lovely as well but you don't have the extra taxes and the lots are larger, but the homes are older.
If you are comparing Ladera Ranch to Nellie Gail Ranch, make sure to include the Covenant Hills area of Ladera Ranch in your search as the homes and lots are typically bigger and more comparable to what you'll find in Nellie Gail Ranch.

Gareth Davies
949-283-3714

Realty ONE Group
Laguna Design Center
23811 Aliso Creek Rd. #181
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
Your answer is in the question: Let's draw up a budget and see a couple of home sand amenities of both communities : one day Ladera Ranch and next day Nellie Gail Ranch! Since they are so different, you will get to choose which one speaks for your core needs: size, age, tax rate, community events, etc etc,. Call me at 949-235-8018 or email me at fmassbaum@surterreproperties.com. I know the ins and outs of equestrian Nellie Gail Ranch for many years now and I worked in youthful Ladera Ranch as well!
Hi Homebuyer,

Your question is pretty vague and you have already received many good answers. These two cities are as different as the Realtors that have given you these good answers. What exactly is your question? Can you be more specific?

Good luck with your search,

Brian Wilson, Realtor
DRE# 01321478
Call (949) 226-8990 TheBlackstoneTeam.com
If you own a horse than I recommend Nellie Gail. If you have kids that eat like a horse then I recommend LADERA RANCH. We have been here since its inception and would love to assist you finding that eprfect home. We know all of the villages and neighborhoods inside and out. We are short sale certified through CDPE.
By the way?

If you're limiting your search to just Nellie Gail - where I moved from 20 years ago - or Ladera, you should also put MY community of Coto de Caza into the mix. It's like the best of BOTH worlds.

Check out http://Coto4Sale.com

Good luck in your search.
Hello Homebuyer Ladera Ranch,

What do you want in an area and a home? This is the big question and would want to discuss with you in more detail about it.. That would the the way to find out what you are really wanting to do.
They both offer different things for the community.. Nellie Gail Ranch does accomendate horses if your looking for that. The homes are spacious and have land with it. Yes families too, in a different way..
Ladera has a lot of things for familes and kids.. It is a Community for the people.. You are closer together and know your neighbors..

Talk to you soon,,

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
Nellie Gail Ranch for sure. I service this neighborhood and I know of a couple nice homes that are currently not on the market. Any questions about Nellie Gail feel free to contact me. Here's a custom link you may like to bookmark. http://www.lagunaagent.com/nellie-gail-ranch-mls-buyers-agent/

Brett Dalbeth
Realty ONE Group
888-399-4844
They are both great communities! Nellie Gail is a little bit older and does have equestrian access. Ladera Ranch is a newer community that is very family friendly. It just depends on what fits you better! You can see everything currently for sale in both areas at my companies website http://www.bcre.com.

Scott - Beach Cities Real Estate
What is your question in reference to? Nellie Gail is a great community if you are into an equestrian style of living. Ladera Ranch is a beautiful community and there are a lot of deals right now. Drop me a line with what it is you are looking for and I will get back to you with what's available that meets your needs. (i.e price range, size of home, minimum # of bedrooms, etc. cfleming@coldwellbanker.com
What is you are looking for? Both Communities are great. Nellie Gail has low HOA and No Mello Roos, Ladera has higher HOA's, Mello Roos Taxes and Enhancement Fee.