Home Buying in Durham>Question Details

Tasha peacht…, Renter in Baltimore, MD

need guidance for home buying

Asked by Tasha peachtree, Baltimore, MD Tue Feb 12, 2013

Answers

10
Hello Tasha
I moved from the D.C. area in 2001 and I think you will find the Triangle a great place to call home.
You are very wise to enlist the help of a buyers agent especially as in our state the seller pays for this for you.
Good Luck let me know if I can be of assistance.
Michael
Hi Tasha,
I lived off of York Road in Baltimore years ago and loved it, but I think you'll find the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) is a great place to relocate to. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about the area.
Margaret Moore
Triangle & Coast Realty
http://www.trianglecoast.com
Hi Tasha,

I would love the opportunity to assist you in the process. I work with a lot of first time home buyers and folks that are relocating to The Triangle. Please take a look at my Buyer Guide available at http://www.southernsavvyconnections.com/p/house-hunters.html.

Feel free to call or email me at your convenience.

It's A Good Day,
Stacie Dye, Broker, Realtor

Go Realty
919.475.9460
Stacie@GoRealty.biz
http://www.GoStacie.com
Hello tasha
I moved to NC from Washington DC 12 years ago and would be happy to assist you through this process.
Michael
Hi Tasha,

Good idea on getting guidance for buying a home. This is a major purchase and takes several steps to get to home ownership.

The first step is to get in touch with a good lender. I have several recommendations to help guide you through this first step. The lender will help you decide how much you feel comfortable spending on your new home by estimating a monthly payment based on the estimated purchase price. Also, this step takes time and a pre-qualification letter from your lender is required to make offers on properties.

I will be glad to go over the steps in purchasing a home with you. just give me a call or you can email me at candysellzhomes@gmail.com.

Candy McLain
Broker/REALTOR
(919)452-3542
Tasha I'd be happy to offer you some guidance. I lead the NCHomesbyLarryT Team and we specialize in Buyer Side Brokering. I encourage you to check out my profile here on Trulia and give me a call.
I live here in Durham and know it well. Anne Aylin who first answered your question is a team member and you should feel free to speak with her as well.
Bring your questions onto here...and get multiple answers...
Hi Tasha. I would love to answer your questions and see if I can help guide you.

Mike Glenn
Broker/Realtor
Northside Realty
Raleigh, NC
msglenn007@gmail.com
919-215-6905
Hi Tasha,

First thing you should do is get pre-approved for your loan (unless you're paying all cash). This will let you know your price range and most (if not all) sellers request your loan pre-approval letter be submitted with your offer.

Once you have your loan pre-approval, contact a local Realtor to assist you in finding your new home. This shouldn't cost you anything as the seller usually pays all commission - both the listing agent's and the buyer's agent's.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com
I am a licensed Realtor® working in the Durham/Orange area of the Triangle. I would be happy to help you with buying a home. Give me a call or shoot me an email and let's chat.

Anne Aylin
919.451.8845
anneaylin@home-team.com