Home Buying in Sacramento>Question Details

mdssi, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

need a used manufactured home to move to sonoma county.double or triple wide 2or3 bdrm

Asked by mdssi, Sacramento, CA Sun Jun 30, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


If you are planning to move a used MH onto a private lot or parcel and are planning to finance it you had better get pre approved by a lender before you purchase it. An FHA lender would not be able to approve this.

If the home is a Pre HUD, built before June 15, 1976, you may not be able to find any long term conventional loans. Additionally, most manufactured homes built before 1979 used caustic and carcinogenic chemicals i.e. formaldehyde and asbestos in several of building components and materials i.e. particle board sub flooring, acoustical and/or popcorn ceilings, countertops, insulation etc.

If you're going for a Freddie Mac or Fanniemae better ask them what their parameters are first. Not sure about VA but I don't think they even ask. But most importantly, if you haven't already, you need to contact Sonoma County Building Dept first. They are known to be pretty fussy and particular about this.

Lot's of things to think about here.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 29, 2013
There are many great resources to find Used Manufactured homes. I would even check on Craigslist.
and with a local realtor in your area. Some Realtors specialize in manufactured homes.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer