Home Buying in Coeur D Alene>Question Details

Patty, Home Buyer in Coeur D Alene, ID

name a good home inspector in Coeur D Alene, ID

Asked by Patty, Coeur D Alene, ID Thu May 7, 2009

Answers

21
Cheryl Feldman’s answer
Thank you for a very thorough report. We did not accept the home, and we used our right of refusal on this property. We would reccommend you for inspections to everyone who needs one.Excellent work and very nice to work with. Mark and Cheryl Feldman, Cary, IL
I recommend Russ Spriggs with CDA Inspector, he is very thurough. His number is 208.660.8877 and his website is at http://www.cdainspector.com/
Web Reference: http://www.kootenaimls.com
I concur with Heather - we've had a lot of clients extremely happy with Russ' services.

There are other home inspectors in the area that do a good job - I believe you can quickly do a search in google for a local home inspector and connect with a couple that way as well.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 19, 2009
One thing you need to very aware of in Idaho is that this state is not big on regulations. Home inspectors and property managers are the two biggest issues that come to mind with respect to real estate. They are not required to be licensed, as they are in most other states, and that leads to serious issues.

You might assume that because other states regulate these fields, you are perfectly safe in picking any ol' person to do the job in Idaho. But I can assure you that you are more likely to get ripped off in Idaho because of the lack of regulations.

Be careful! Look for people that are licensed, as they are more likely to take their role seriously. Ask for multiple references and call them directly. Never take a single person's referral on their word, but instead look for at least a few positive reviews. Good luck to you.
Patrick Fesler from Accent Home Inspections. He is the only multi-licensed Certified Master Inspector that carries 4 industry licenses that I know of. Knowing that there is no licensing requirements in Idaho, Patrick still has to update his state given licenses every two years as well as pass a federal background check every two years. No one else in the state of Idaho has that kind of resume! Not only is he alicensed insurance adjuster, catastrophe adjuster and a private detective, but I know that I can trust him in my home because he has already been vetted by the Federal Government through the department of Health and Human Services for Fraud inspections..

Patrick is very knowledgeable and easy to work with and listen to. He made our home buying experience flawless. I would highly recommend him for your next purchase. With that much experience, you would be a fool not to utilize Accent for your inspection needs! He gave us a free RecallChek and a warranty. No other company offered us that incentive. Turns out that he actually paid for both of those services so we could be protected!

He can be reached at
Accent Home Inspection Solutions
Patrick Fesler
Certified Master Inspector
I tried contacting this person, and received a call from a completely random person at a different company. Patrick though so little of my inquiry that he could not other to respond to me directly. I would not never call him again.
Flag Fri May 29, 2015
Don't have a recommendation for you but check the ones you get carefully. Such a critical part of the buying and selling process. We have a lot of good ones here in south Florida. Just take each deal one at a time and stick to your plan.
Accent Home Inspection Solutions
(208) 398-3463
Be wary of this guy. He will not return your call, but will instead sell you as a lead to some other company. Not impressed.
Flag Fri May 29, 2015
I have been a realtor for 13 years and have witnessed many many professional home inspections. I must say, I am extremely impressed with cdainspections.com They are so thorough and so willing to give detail and home maintenance explanations to my buyers. I will recommend them every time! They absolutely stand out from the crowd!
Except they will not allow an agent to be present during an inspection. I find that highly questionable.
Flag Sat May 30, 2015
CDA Inspectors- Jeanne Constadine- Spriggs and Russell Spriggs

Very impressed with Jeanne 's hard work, observance of every small detail of the home I was buying. She explained every small defect and even gave advice how to repair these items. Her written report was so detailed and easy to understand. I would recommend CDA Inspectors to everyone who is about to buy a home. Rating *****
Jeanne Considine-Spriggs
I had Jeanne of CDA Inspectors, inspect my potential home yesterday. She pointed out many things my buyer's mind wasn't thinking, and issued me a complete report last evening. She's knowledgeable, experienced and easy to talk to to. I would definitely recommend her to any one who asks me.
A true professional!

Karen Barclay
Sandpoint, ID
CDA Inspectors. Very knowledgeable and understandable. I now feel comfortable that the home I want to buy is a good one. I can also now make a good list of what repairs I have to make and prioritize them correctly. Money very well spent.
Russ went way beyond his duties to explain and educate me about the house. On his BIRTHDAY he inspected the house and send a 35 page report that night! I would definitely recommend him to inspect your house. He genuinely enjoys his job and cares about doing the best possible job he can. More people should treat their jobs with the passion that Russ does. VERY IMPRESSED!
Russ Spriggs is the man you want, I know Russ is one of the best Home Inspectors in Idaho, I would have him inspect a house my mother was buying, this is how much I trust Russ.

http://www.cdaInspectors.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 22, 2012
We can recommend Brandon Springs from Springs Inspections. He can be reached at (208) 755-4803, he's always on time and is always professional.
russell and jeanne spriggs! inspection was professional, complete, and report was thorough, with photographs. inspection took place within two days of scheduling and was coordinated with Realtor. inspection includes prioritization of maintenance issues found, information on repairs required, and resources for finding more information about these topics. because of you i will complete my purchase with confidence. THANK YOU!
(Russ Spriggs),He does a Thorough Inspection.It was quite a Learning Experience. He taught me the In's and out's of Maintaining my Home.He goes Above and Beyond his expected duties in my opinion....... Russ's Reports are very Professional and Easy to Read . He is Truly a "MASTER" in his profession...

The: La France Family.....
Although after living in the home a few months problems with the house did surface that Russ Sprigs had missed during the initial inspection..T.La France..
Flag Sat Jun 2, 2012
Russ Spriggs. A pleasure to work with, very thorough, explained things well and knowledgeable in answering questions. Received my inspection report and recommendations immediately, along with many other resources and tips in maintaining my home. Totally satisfied.

Carol Morrisen
Jeanne and I appreciate the votes of confidence!
We are dedicated to inspecting for every client as if you were a family member. We have both been awarded the highest recognition in the inspection industry: Certified Master Inspector(R) status, the only such team within hundreds of miles.
Please contact us with ANY inspection-related questions, whether you hire us for an inspection or not!
We maintain an informative website for your review; see: http://www.cdaInspectors.com
Teri Horton with Griffinspect has proven to be on time, through & reasonably priced.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 13, 2009
All of our home inspectors are qualified and professional.
All of them? That is certainly not true. Home inspectors are not regulated in the state of Idaho. That means the buyer must be extra careful when selecting an inspector. Same holds true with property managers.
Flag Fri May 29, 2015
There are many good home inspectors in the area. Give me a call, and I'll give you the names of 3 or 4. I don't have their cards with me right now. Thank you. Peg 659-1399