NervousWreck, Home Buyer in Washingtonville, NY

my wife and i are looking to buy in the new windsor or town of newburgh area. which area has the cheaper taxes?

Asked by NervousWreck, Washingtonville, NY Fri Mar 9, 2012

Answers

3
Anna's comment is right on point. Each property is different. But if you have an idea of a general area, a realtor could give an idea of the general tax for that area. If you need helpwith more information and are not working with a realtor, you can contact me (jfgrealty@aol.com) with no obligation.
Keep in mind that taxes will vary in each area based on exact location, property size, upgrades, schools, local amenities, etc.; therefore if looking to buy in the near future, consider working with an agent of own, he/she will be your best guide...
The largest portion of real estate taxes are the school taxes. I would suggest finding the property you like first and then verify the taxes. You can look up the taxes on the orange county goverment web site.