Home Buying in North Raleigh>Question Details

chris85335, Renter in Raleigh, NC

my spouse has finally gotten a decent paying job is there any plce where you can get a 3br house we have no criminal record, or substance abuse

Asked by chris85335, Raleigh, NC Thu Jul 12, 2012

Answers

8
Patricia Ammerman GRI, ABR’s answer
Hi Krista,
I am glad your spouse has gotten a good paying job. It's a tough job market right now. The first thing you have to do to realize your dream of home ownership is to talk to a bank or mortgage lender. Lenders will want to look at recent pay stubs, tax returns and credit scores. This helps them determine your debt to income ratio. In other words how much of your income is left over monthly after your debts are paid. Will you comfortably be able to assume the additional financial responsibility of carrying a monthly mortgage payment?
If they are satisfied with the ratio of debt to income they will tell you what they feel comfortable lending you.( a prequalification or preapproval status.) From there your ready to find a Realtor to help you in your search for that three bedroom dream home.
Pat
Congratulations! I would suggest something that is close to your spouses work to start. Since you mentioned criminal record or drug abuse you may be referring to renting. You may need to consider credit score also. That has a huge impact on renting or buying.
I wonder why you would mention criminal record and substance abuse. Are you looking to rent or buy? I'm guessing you are wanting to rent since you are concerned about substance abuse and criminal records and such. Why don't you call a rental agency? There are many great firms that handle only rentals in the Triangle area. Good luck!
Hey Chris-

I jsut wanted ot follow up and see how things were going! Hopefully yoy have been helped and are moving forward with your new home, but if you have additional questions please feel free to call!

Krista
Good for you! Call me at your convenience and I would be happy to walk you thru your first steps toward home ownership.

Kris
919-602-4672
Hey Chris85335,

I want to congratulate you on the job as well. I have a great list of lenders that I have worked with in the past that I would love to pass your way should you need it. Just let me know if you want me to send you my list of lenders.

/Mark
CONGRATULATIONS on the job...Venita hit it on the head..you need to speak to a qualified lender first. Depending upon the job, especially if its a new field of work for your spouse, you may find yourselves having to wait a period of time to build up a job history. If it's in a similar field to a past job and you can show that, you may be OK. Again..the person who can answer these questions is a lender. That way also you'll know what price range you can look in.

If you need the name of a good lender, feel free to e-mail me at erniebehrle@gmail.com .
Congratulations! Your next step is to talk with a mortgage loan officer so that you'll know how much home you can purchase - and when.

In the meantime: enjoy looking around!