samantha wal…, Renter in Philadelphia, PA

my landlord is waiting for some paper work due to him not having a license to rent this building as apartment so license and inspection might shut it

Asked by samantha walker, Philadelphia, PA Sat Mar 15, 2014

do I still have to pay rent

Answers

3
Samantha,
Good question for an attorney. We aren't lawyers so we can't advise you either way. I'd start looking into other places to live so you have options if things don't go well.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 15, 2014
@ dan tabit i am looking around for a place but for the time bein do I still pay rent
Flag Sat Mar 15, 2014
Samantha,
I can't tell you not to pay. I'm not familiar with the laws of Philadelphia, but if you are living in the home and benefitting from the space, I would at minimum set money aside for the rent you may owe. If you spend the money elsewhere and find out you owe it, you could be in big trouble.
Is there a Tenants Union in Philly? Maybe a city, county or state office which can give you the information you need? Pursue this avenue rather than here, so you stay on the right side of things.
Do you want to move? If not you need to place your rent in an escrow account and notify your landlord in writting where the escrow account is (bank name) call me at 267-934-1971

Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
Market Force Realty
801 W. Street Rd
Feasterville, PA 19153
866-993-8585
267-934-1971
PhilCunningham2004@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com