Out and About, Home Seller in New Jersey

my husband and i are considering buying a vacation home in south florida. originally thinking about some place in miami

Asked by Out and About, New Jersey Mon Jun 17, 2013

now we are thinking more along the lines of a single family home not a condo. we like new construction and waterfront. we will like to come to the area this summer to start a search but would like to know is this uncommon meaning having a single family home in florida that we do not live in for most of the year? are there people that can take care of the property for us when we are not there? (not adult communities)

Answers

19

Have you considered town homes? We have new construction in Fort Lauderdale very close to the beach. Town homes give you the benefits of a single family home and a condo.

Maria Sabio
CHANE REALTY
954-336-5156 [C]
maria@chanerealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 17, 2013
Hope you had a great weekend. There are several areas in South Florida to consider. I have several clients from Canada, New York, New Jersey, Europe, and South America that have all bought a second home. It all depends on your budget. As for the property being vacant, there are a couple of things we could do. The first is to rent it out to other snow birds that come down. Short term leases will offset a lot of the cost of the property. If not, a property manager can maintain the property and do weekly visits. This can be a LA carte service. Mail pickup, package holding, hurricane preparedness, etc.

When you come down, I would be more than happy to sit down with you and review all of your options.

Feel free to view my website to start getting a feel for current and past sales.
Questions to think about..
How far from the beach would you like to be?

Budget? Financing?
How many beds and baths?
One story or two?
Garage or no Garage
How new would the home be...the newer the home, the more expensive.
I am sure you have several other questions so feel free to contact me for a free phone consult.
To whom it may concern;

Ft. Lauderdale, Boca and Delray are all excellent places to live here in Southeast Fla. I live in eastern Ft. Lauderdale, about a mile from the ocean, for many years now and I love it. But since you mentioned Delray, which is a cool little town with a vibrant street (Atlantic Ave.), which features some great villas that feel like living in a home as opposed to a condo or even a townhome. These villas, are located in complexes scattered in and throughout Palm Beach County. Many are duplexes with two car garages, that feature open grounds surrounding each duplex. Many have waterfront canals behind them that lend for great views from the kitchens and screened porches. As I said before, I would to show you both what I'm writing to you about, but I will need you to let me know how much you're willing to spend so that I may search accordingly. So kindly fill out the form below and submit it back so I can begin searching for properties that you would enjoy.

Sincerely;
Joe Roman
ERA Herman Group Real Estate
josephwroman@gmail.com
954-557-3416
http://www.realestateinsouthfla.com

http://josephroman.southfloridamls.com/?Page=566807
thank you all for the responses. i will try to give a clearer a picture to some responses
i do not want to live on the west coast. we love marco naples and clearwater beach however we prefer to be closer to the southeast of florida. we have children who are in their late teens early twenties so the proximity to miami is more conducive to our live style.
delray beach and boca sound good.
we are not sure if we will be renting out our home when we are not occupying it so a caretaker and a town home is definitely an option.we are in the accounting field so we will not be there in january thru april. the may thru november will be perfect and probably christmas week. so the idea of income is good but may not be necessary.
we do plan to come in july and check out areas from palm beach to miami. we would like to be waterfront but it is not an absolute must.
thanks for all the feedback so far.
I have customers who live here only part time. They keep their single family homes closed during spring and summer, and have a caretaker in once or twice per month. You'll find numerous caretakers and management companies in our area.

You may want to consider looking for single family homes in Delray Beach or Boca Raton along the Intracoastal

I mentioned Delray Beach because it is a vibrant town that is the envy of every small city in the area. There are a large number of Delray homes on the waterfront available. If you want to rent your Delray home, there is a great deal of demand.

Similarly, waterfront homes in Boca Raton, which is the next town to the south, are also in high demand.

Most people are looking for seasonal rentals from December through March, which might conflict with your use of the home. However, if you're willing to use your home between April and November, you'll be able to derive income from the home during the season, as well as enjoyment during the rest of the year.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-2136139
-
-
=
=
See program #6 below, then contact me to talk about how to minimize payments and reduce out of pocket costs.

1) 100% LTV- VA / (VA Jumbo @ lower ltv)
2) 100% LTV- USDA/12 mo. into Chapter 13 BK…OK Too
3) 99% LTV- FHA / (FHA to 580 score @ lower ltv)

4) 97% LTV- No monthly MI-No FHA 1.75% Fee
5) 95% LTV- CONDO
6) 90% LTV- No PMI -2nd Home
7) 90% LTV- JUMBO
8) 85% LTV- No PMI - Super Jumbo
9) 80% LTV- Invest./Rental
10) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals

--------STATED INCOME ALT up to Super Jumbo-----------
http://www.StatedIncomeALT.com
11) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop.
12) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals
13) 75% CLTV- Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure Forgiveness
14) 70% LTV- Soft and Hard Money
15) LOT/VACANT LAND LOANS
16) COMMERCIAL PROGRAMS-available nationwide

Go to: http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM or call 888-662-4404

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
#204296

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
====
You may want to consider visiting Cape Coral, FL. With over 400 miles of canals we are a waterfront wonderland. We have lots of people that only stay here part of the year and they have different options for when they are away. Some rent the property out when they aren't here as a "vacation rental" and those that don't want to rent the property out usually use a home watch service to take care of the property when the owners are away.

Feel free to search our multiple listing service by visiting http://www.leecountyrealtor.listingbook.com - you will be impressed with what you can purchase here in comparison to other areas of Florida.
Please contact me, will be glad to help you with your new home purchase here in the West Palm Beach area of Florida

James Loftis
Broker/Owner Real Estate 911 Inc
RealEstate911.com
RealEstate911@gmail.com
954-261-3361
NYC bound,

You are smart to include Fort Lauderdale in your search for a new construction, waterfront vacation home. There are many here to choose from. Here's a link to various price points of waterfront property in Fort Lauderdale. http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/fort-lauderdale-waterf… While most of the homes listed are not new construction, the list will give you an idea of what to expect if your given price range.

We have many out of state clients with vacation homes in Fort Lauderdale. Let me know if I can help you further.

Chad Gray PA, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
(at Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate)
754-300-6040

100% of clients rated our service as "EXCELLENT"!
http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/what-clients-are-saying/

.
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN;

THERE ARE PLENTY OF OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM. IF YOU BOTH WANT A HOME AS OPPOSED TO A CONDO, YOU WILL NEED TO SERIOULY CONSIDER BUYING INTO A COMPLEX THAT PROVIDES, AS A PART OF THE MONTHY HOME OWNER'S ASSOCIAITON FEES, OUTSIDE MAINTENANCE THAT WOULD INCLUDE LAWN SERVICE. IF YOU'D BE SO KIND AS TO FILL OUT THE LINK BELOW THEN SUBMIT ON LINE A BRIEF BUYER'S QUESTIONNAIRE , I WOULD BE GLAD TO SEND YOU BOTH PROPERTIES FOR YOU TO CONSIDER BEFORE ARRIVING HERE.

SINCERELY;
JOE ROMAN
ERA HERMAN GROUP REL ESTATE
The only new construction on waterfront and east would be a condo. If there were any single family homes they would be very pricey. Its also very difficult to find a part time renter for a single family home unless it is furnished and you are going to rent it during the "season' when you proably want to be here. For waterfront, non-condo, your best bet would be a townhome near the intra-coastal in Boca or Delray Beach.

Gary Hitchcock
Remax Professionals
561-213-2252
NYC...

A general comment about having interest in South Florida such as yours will likely bring out a multitude of responses from a variety of locations. This is no surprise because there are so many great area for people to choose from and most people here are in love with their choice of locations.

Our recommendation is to plan a visit to South Florida spending a day or two in several different locations on both the east and west coast not for the purpose of buying but gathering information making yourself informed. Explore these locations and talk with the people you encounter about where they came from, their experience here, their recommendations etc.

You are on the right track....but be sure you educate yourself and make your own decision, relying on your insight not that of someone else.

Don't forget to check out the Fort Lauderdale area. We are located between both Miami and Palm Beach. There is so much to do in south Florida. Hopefully you will love it as much as I do. There is such a large amount of property owners that do not live here all year so you situation is not uncommon. There are services for taking care of your property when you are not here. No Worries! I have lived here since 1984 and I know the Ft. Lauderdale area well. If you are interested in seeing what we have to offer please feel free to give me a call anytime. I am a full time top producing realtor with Atlantic Properties and I would love the opportunity to help you find your new home at the BEACH!

Barbara Easton-Irvin
954-740-7855
FortLauderdaleHomes4U@yahoo.com

check out my website at: http://www.FortLauderdaleHomes4U.net
It's not uncommon and yes, there's any and all help you'd need. Good luck !
Is your mind set on the east coast of Florida? Have you checked out the Ft Myers area on the SW coast? We have some great deals, even in the new home market. We also have gated communities that include lawn maintenance in your HOA fees.
Marge Bennett
RE/MAX Realty Group
239-560-4159
Marge@MargeBennett.com
http://www.MargeBennett.com
Good morning,
New construction combined with waterfront properties are an expensive proposition as an investment; most likely you will you will not have any positive cash flow....FYI
I own multiple rental properties (since 1987)

Did you like this post? If so please click on the "green thumbs up" or the "best answer". Thank YOU!

With enthusiasm,

Meir Aloni & Team

CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)

CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)

RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220 http://www.WeSellBroward.com
Hi NYC bound,

If you are interested in a single family home as a vacation rental there are options to have the property maintained when you are not occupying the property. It is not that uncommon as a lot of my clients that acquire properties in high demand vacation rental areas hire property managers that will oversee the maintenance and operations of the property year round. They also offer the option of leasing the property short term when you are not occupying the property to generate additional income for you and your husband. This will help offest the cost of the property management and carrying costs of the property. Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions as well as assist you with your search of your future vacation home.

Ryan Hanrahan, PA
Christopher White Group
954-608-0527
rkh5656@aol.com
yes i have been to florida. and yes i have friends and relatives however they are many different areas and lifestyles so what we are looking for would be from what we preview personally. we have some ideas of what is important to us, but it is not what our friends would be familiar with.
we would like to be south of west palm beach airport close to fort lauderdale, boca etc. we would like a waterfront community possibly with boat access, and newer construction.
Hi NYCbound,

Yes there are many people who own houses in Florida and spend a lot of time up north.

There are many single family homes available. Many homes are in all age communities. Some are gated, and some are not. Keep in mind that having a guard manning a gate usually will result in a higher monthly payment.

Have you traveled in Florida previously, or will this be something totally new for you? If you have friends or relatives here you can always use them as a sounding board for different areas.

Contact me directly with more information about what you desire in a house and I will start the search for you.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com