Kim Welch, Home Buyer in

my husband and I are searching for some one to help get our credit scores up to the level for purchasing a home, I have VA eligibility

Asked by Kim Welch, Wed Jul 3, 2013

I have VA eligibility that I have never used, we are first time buyers with great jobs and income, however our scores have kept us from getting preapproved to even look at homes

Answers

11
There are legitimate companies out there that can help with this. As some have mentioned below you can improve your scores yourself...there are a lot things you can do yourself, but sometimes hiring a professional is the best way to do it.

Try:
Mark Coats
Regional Director,
National Credit Federation
Off. 702-430-9818
mark@naccr.net
Good evening,
It will be my pleasure to assist. At the Brand Mortgage Group we have a rapid re-score process and an assimilator that can give you a good idea how to approach your credit. You are welcome to contact me at 404-542-5711.

Kendall Knight
FM Lending can not improve your credit scores by themselves.
She will simply tell you the exact things you must address that are currently hurting your score.
But if you correct these exact issues, her program does improve your credit scores by exacting numbers almost immediately via all 3 bureaus.
I disagree with some of the agents below. I am COMPLETELY aware of a service that DOES get your credit scores UP. ANY person CAN get their credit scores increased by having old negative deficiencies removed. From payment delinquencies, repossessions, etc.

how do you do it?....who do you need to talk to?...Can you do it by yourself?
-OF COURSE YOU CAN- (you just don't know how/the process is too time consuming)

As I stated I am VERY familiar with a service that helps get your CREDIT SCORES UP and would love to take 5-10 minutes of your time to discuss it with you and your husband. Please feel free to contact me on either my cell or via my email address. If you prefer to contact via email I can send you over a power-point presentation capable of detailing some of the information that I am talking about in greater detail. This is NO GIMMICK nor phishing technique...I am talking about SERIOUS CHANGE!! Give me 5 minutes and I can prove that this system works.

Terrence Davis
843-469-0647
No one can help you repair your credit but yourself.
Try to pay off as much credit cards and other loans.
Avoid credit inquiries and being late on any loans/bills that you have.

Every year you can pull up your report for free.
Go to https://www.annualcreditreport.com and try to pull it up for free.

As per the FTC that is the only site that provides your free annual report other sites may have their own offers but its hard to trust random sites.
http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0155-free-credit-reports

Your credit report will tell you what is affecting your score in a good or bad way, from here you will know how to fix your credit.
Hello Kim,

Sorry to hear about your current dilemma. Please call Rex Ann Streker at FM lending. One of the largest tertiary lending institutions in the greater Charleston area. She has true 30,60 and 90 day credit repair programs. She is easy to work with. She can email you a quick form to fill out to see if you are eligible. It is definitely worth your short time needed to try and figure out if you can resolve your credit issue.
Her number is 843-9971-5689. Just tell her Ron S. referred you.
I would love to help you in any way possible. We can all team up to get you to the finish line and goal of your new home. Ron 843-469-1330
Hello Kim,

I can recommend my preferred lender Shelter Mortgage that will refer you to a Straight Path program which I have clients enrolled in and it works great. You can apply online at http://www.lowcountrymortgages.com

Please feel free to call me directly with any questions.

Julia Chism with Shelter Mortgage can be reached at 843-974-6222.

Have a Good Day!
Call Jimmy Craven with Ikon Financial. He can help. You can reach him at 843-499-1119 or jimmy.craven@ikonfg.com . Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Michael
843-442-1291
mschumpert@carolinaone.com
Hi Kim,
I hope all is well! What Tony Grech said is spot on. Give me a call or pop me an email and I can give you a few names of local lenders who can work with you.

Desiree
843-327-9010
desiree.maurer1@gmail.com
http://www.yourcharlestonhousesearch.com
I have a lender that will look at your credit report and make recommendations that could help you. Many times there are wrong or incomplete items that have brought your scores down. Please give me a call at 843-532-9666. Best, Loren
Hi Kim,
It's important to look at the "why' behind your credit scores. How come your scores are low right now? Did you have a bankruptcy or foreclosuire in the past? Defaulted loans or collections? Just late payments or maxed out liabilities?

The more serious and repeated the delinquencies, the greater impact they have on your credit scores.

In the immediate term, I would seek to pay off any judgments or collections as soon as possible. Only then can your scores begin to rise. Once you undertake the task of beginning to improve your credit, it will be important that you dont slip up at all - zero late payments or collections. One mis-step can set you back to square one. From there, focus on paying down your debts to an acceptable level. Credit bureaus like to see your credit cards no more than 25-30% maxed out. And if you don't have enough lines of credit (at least 3-4 with a satisfactory 12-24 month history) then you should start some new credit lines so you can start building a good history.

I hope this advice helps. Ultimately it is up to you to take charge of your finances and put in the work to get your credit where it needs to be. The rewards of having good credit are great, and this will help you in more ways than just getting you into a home. Best of luck!
Tony