Home Buying in Nashville>Question Details

Michelle, Home Buyer in Nashville, IL

my husband and I are looking at purchasing a house in the st louis metro area, town, Nashville, IL. The house

Asked by Michelle, Nashville, IL Mon Mar 17, 2008

is fully electric, and bills have been averaging 180 mthly. We are considering changing out to gas, yet are curious if it would be better in the long run, the house has 2 fireplaces, 1st flr and basement. We plan on finding a contractor, we just wanting to prepare oursevles for the cost, which in lot of ways is our biggest concern

Answers

3
My husband is a retired contractor and would be happy to help you with answering your questions to the house you're considering - please call him at 618-214-0805 if interested
Check the R/e taxes. Washington County has one of the hightes r/e tax rates in the state.
Michelle not knowing what the rates are in St Louis I quess I would tell you to do your homework and try to find a house with similar square footage that has gas and see if there is a significant enough savings to go to the trouble of changing everything out.I don't know what the cost of changing over to gas is a Contractor would have a better idea and maybe you could get a quote prior to purchasing the house.Melissa Clough