Home Buying in Wichita>Question Details

Threelockbox, Home Seller in Wichita, KS

my home is listed and i had pictures retaken of the home after staging and my realtor said they were changed on the mls but trulia's site still

Asked by Threelockbox, Wichita, KS Sat Oct 2, 2010

has the old pictures how do they get changed

Answers

6
Have your agent contact Trulia on this one. There are some MLS that Trulia only pulls updated information from, not updated pictures. It should only take 2 minutes of their time. In these cases it is what I consider to be a "custom" or "manual" transfer. This should get you back on track!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 2, 2010
The same thing happens with the company I'm affiliated with; however, I can go into my company's web site and manually change the photos. Once I have taken that step, the new photos feed into the other 125 Real Estate web sites my company sends data to . You may want to ask your Realtor if they need to take an additional step like this, for the new photos to appear on Trulia.

Patti Butler, REALTOR
Keller Williams Realty Signature Partners, LLC
316-393-1013
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 2, 2010
If your agent does not have a Trulia account they need to get one. Agents can manually update and add information including more photos in their listings on Trulia beyond any automatic data feeds that their company uses. The same goes for Zillow.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 3, 2010
Scott's right - it relates to the feed to Trulia from your agent's broker. If there remains an issue, your agent may be able to change them herself or manually load up the listing again to include the new pictures and override what the broker has sent. On that, she may need Trulia's assistance.

Good luck with selling your home!
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 3, 2010
Your agent needs to be mor eattentive and go to the various sites including Trulia and manually change the pictures. The issue is not with Trulia so contacting them will not help. the problem if pictures are not automatically updating is how your agent gets their listings on Trulia, if teh use an automatci feed, it is that the feed is not updating often enough or may not include pictures, maybe just status and price. There are a lot of differnt automatic feeds, some alot better than others. Soem changes can take 3 days to post on Trulia. No matter what the agent can always manually change or update their listings on this site at anytimne without waiting for their feed. you will need to contact your agent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 3, 2010
Good answer Kevin, I've had this happen before and you're right the agent should contact Trulia. Otherwise the pictures may not get updated until the listing is reentered into the local MLS.
Web Reference: http://ftmyerscraig.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 2, 2010