Basicmedics, Other/Just Looking in Northwood, New Carli...

my fiance and I are looking to buy a home my credit is not great his is alot better, he is a first time home buyer. what should we do about getting?

Asked by Basicmedics, Northwood, New Carlisle, OH Mon Sep 14, 2009

a home loan with his first time buyer.

Answers

6
Contact a qualified lender, or go to a bank you trust. If you hurry, you may still be able to get in on the $8,000 first home buyers tax credit. Once you have your pre-approval letter together, you will know how much you can afford to purchase in a home. That's when you contact a Realtor like our office! We'd be happy to help you find a home..... :)
Hire a Realtor for your home search, find a qualified mortgage lender to assess your financial ability to get a loan, and let them be your advisors. Lender is top of the list.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 14, 2009
Basicmedics.... A lot of people feel like their credit may be a bit poor when in reality it is good enough.

And you don't have to be married for you both to be on the loan and use both incomes.

Apply.... many loan officers can coach you on what to do to get the credit in better shape should you need to work on that.

http://dallasloanguy.com/docs/about_credit.pdf

The above link is to a free e-book about credit.
Feel free to follow up with me if you have any questions.
Since you are not married, his income will not be taken into consideration for an FHA loan if that is what you are referring to. Same applies for VA and USDA.

See if he can qualify by just himself, however have both your credits pulled if in case you need to be on it. This way you will know what you score is (and if its qualifying) and will have time to improve it if necessary.

Best of luck!
Real simple..... Apply.
There are a lot of factors in a home loan.
Hi there,
That's great! Well, if you have a relationship with a bank or other financial institution, you can ask them to get you pre-approved. You can also go directly to a mortgage broker to get pre-approved. It's completely free and mostly painless, lol. Please let me know if you need any help in your new home search. Thanks!

Amber Carrillo, Broker/Owner
It Homes
832-643-5632
ambersells@sbcglobal.net