Home Buying in Williamsburg>Question Details

kfhdpny, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

my family is moving to the Williamsburg, VA area. My son will be going to Jamestown High School and we are looking for a home.

Asked by kfhdpny, Charlotte, NC Thu Mar 7, 2013

At least 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1/2 acre, open floor plan and big kitchen. In the 400,000 range.

Answers

9
I have a lovely home 10 minutes from williamsburg,va. for sale.if you would like to look at it,im having an open house this weekend.6 joys circle toano,va. 23168
This information will be helpful, please search using http://www.williamewood.com/selenep and click the search link. Then click the Advanced Search Option, plug in Jamestown, then click the Expand Viewing to read properties listed for sale in the Jamestown school district. Thank you for your inquiry and please feel free to contact me on my cell 757-508-8774. Have a good day

Your biggest challenge may be finding a property with the yard size you are looking for. There are a few neighborhoods that have larger lots but you may have to do some research ahead of time and wait for something to open up that meets your criteria. There is a foreclosure that I can think of right off that may work as it has almost 1/2 acre. You'll need to think over your timeframes and get with someone as soon as convenient. Some homes are foreclosures, as I mentioned. Those generally can close fairly quickly if there are no condition issues. There are also 'short sales' which could take 3-9 months and then you have just plain old listings (1 to 3 months to close). You can usually enroll your children in school if you have a contract on a home that is in that district. If not, unless you have a plan already, you may have to have a temporary address in that school district to enroll your son. If you are not already working with someone, feel free to contact me for information. Good luck and welcome to the area.
We have many beautiful homes and neighborhoods in lovely Williamsburg which would fit the bill!! Please feel free at anytime to reach out to either Kim or me, we would love to be of assistance. Please check out our web-site http://www.TheStoneTeam.com or call 757-565-1043 to get started. We look forward to speaking soon!!

Dave Stone
It is still a buyer's market in Williamsburg; so you have a ton of homes to choose from. I recommend that you interview a few Realtors to find one that you are comfortable with, that will put the time and energy into helping you find your new home, and that is very knowledgeable of the area. I have a Home Buyer's Guide that I would be happy to share with you if you would like. Please feel free to email me at realtorashleyclevenger@gmail.com or call me (757.869.6134) and I will send it over to you.
You have options galore. If you contact me at lisa.legaspi@longandfoster.com, I can send you listings of all the homes in the Jamestown High district that meet your criteria. I'd love to help you find a home!
Hello kfhdpny: Welcome to Tidewater Virginia! John is completey on target. Find a FULL TIME agent who can introduce you to local lenders. Since you are relocating, please make sure to put financial papers, such as your last two years' of tax returns, bank statements, pay stubs and the like in one place so that you will have it all together when you meet with your lender.

I too would be honored to help you find a home! In your price range and requirements, you have lots of options!

Best regards and again, Welcome!

Carol Davanay
Liz Moore and Associates
Newport News and Williamsburg
757-870-7349
Hello:

Lowell is partially correct but first establish a relationship with a Realtor you like. Then get referral from him of 1 or 2 lenders he has a ongoing relationship with. This helps establish a working line of communications between the three main players in your purchase of a home, YOU, YOUR REALTOR AND YOUR LENDER.

It is very important you select a Realtor that you feel confident will put forth his / her best effort for you. I would like to apply for the Realtor spot on your Team. Please look at the referrals I have under my profile and I think you will see that I do go the extra mile to make sure my clients get the best home for their dollar.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope we can meet soon to get aquainted and started on finding your new home. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to cll me at 757-812-0399.

John R Beavers, Realtor, SRES, ABR
Heartland Realty LLC
I would love to help you find your new home. Give me a call at 757-608-8583. I have several in mind that I could show you. I look forward to hearing from you soon!