Home Buying in Montgomery>Question Details

delilarbrown, Renter in Montgomery, AL

my cedit score is 679.can I get qualified for a home?

Asked by delilarbrown, Montgomery, AL Wed Oct 2, 2013

Answers

5
Yes! Your score is definitely good enough to get you a loan. I have been able to give out loans with credit scores as low as 580, so you are in the clear. With that credit score you can qualify for different loans whether it be FHA, conventional, or jumbo. I recommend speaking with a lender like myself that would be happy to speak you. If you have any further questions or if you need a loan, feel free to contact me! Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
A credit score of 679 is definitely a great start. Mortgage companies also look at criteria like your debt to income as well as reviewing your check stubs, W-2 from the last few years, bank statements and tax returns filed. These all factor into the amount that you can qualify for as well as the interest rate for the loan. If you are thinking about purchasing a home and would like some information on the lenders in this area, please feel free to call me at your convenience.
Call me at 334-233-3254, I'll be happy to answer all of your questions.
While credit score is a critical part of a mortgage, there are many for factors whtat actually go into the approval. Each loan program will have its own minimum credit score requirement. For FHA, that is typically 640+, or in some cases as low as 580+.

Getting Pre-Qualified prior to beginning the home search is critical. To do this, you would need to submit a Pre-Qualification request along with your financial documentation. The following documentation will be needed:

• Two most recent years of W’2’s/income 1099’s
• Two most recent years of Federal Income Tax returns
• Two most recent pay stubs
• Two most recent months of bank statements (all pages)

A loan officer who does not ask for and properly reviews all of the above documentation is doing no service to you and may not be very experienced. Experienced loan officers know that many issues come to light only once the actual documentation has been reviewed.

A Pre-Qualification is valid for 90 days from the date that the credit report has been pulled. At the time of closing, most documents (i.e. credit report, income/asset documentation, appraisal, etc.). Should anything be older than 90 days, an update will be required. For credit, this is simply the loan officer obtaining a new credit report.

As one of the largest direct lenders in the country, Prospect Mortgage offers one of the largest selections of loan programs available. In addition to the standard conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, and Jumbo, we also offer a wide range on Renovation loan programs. Our Renovation programs include FHA 203(k) (Streamline & Consultant), HomePath Renovation, and HomeStyle Renovation. In addition, we also have an FHA 580-639 FICO program for borrower with previous credit issues.

If you are looking to purchase a property, working with a knowledgeable and seasoned loan officer is critical in today's market. Getting Pre-Qualified is the only way for you to find out your mortgage options. To get Pre-Qualified for your purchase, you can submit your request online at http://www.rodneymason.com to get started.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203(k) Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.

.
Web Reference: http://www.rodneymason.com
I have a lender that will do a loan with a 580 score if all of the criteria works out.
Job for two years
no lates in the past 12 months
no bankruptcy within the last three years
You can give me a call at 334-322-7231
Flag Wed Oct 2, 2013