Marja, Home Buyer in Lake Worth, FL

my brother is buying me a condo, he is the one that will be signing the contract with the seller, and it will be written in the contract that if I am

Asked by Marja, Lake Worth, FL Wed Jul 25, 2012

not accepted as a occupant of that condo unit he will get his deposit back, does he have to mention on the contract that I have an ESA dog, isn't that added on the condo application not on the contract?

Answers

2
Marja,

That's a wonderful gesture your brother is doing on your behalf! However, the right thing to do is to be completely up-front with the sellers letting them know that you will be the one in occupancy and that your application to the association will include your having an ESA dog. Further, besides doing the right thing, I would think that by NOT disclosing this very material fact that the return of your brother's deposit might be at risk. Your brother should consult with an attorney.

JOAN LORBERBAUM MOORE
Broker Associate, GRI
Lang Realty
9858 Clint Moore Road
Boca Raton, FL 33496
Hello Marja,

The best advise I can give you is..." Disclose, disclose, disclose." Unfortunately, most contracts are designed as a template for everyone. That means they can't automatically account for every circumstance. If you disclose those things specific to your situation, it can help avoid problems later. If I can help you further, please feel free to contact me.

Pat Palmer-Broker Associate
Boca's Best
Direct: 786-286-6557
Email:PatPalmer@kw.com

Keller Williams Boca Raton
2424 N. Federal Hwy. #318
Boca Raton, FL
33431 - Sat Jul 28, 2012