Home Buying in Fort Wayne>Question Details

aerith72508, Home Buyer in Fort Wayne, IN

my boyfriend, brother and I are looking for a rent to own house in fort wayne Indiana.

Asked by aerith72508, Fort Wayne, IN Thu Jul 4, 2013

the problem is that between us we have four dogs.
They are trained and very well behaved. we have put $40,000 into an apartment that we don't own in 7 years.it would be nice to put our money into something that we could actually own. How can we get someone to even give us a chance?

Answers

2
Jeffrey Vaughan’s answer
i might entertain a lease option. My lease option is usually different from a buyers L/O.

My documents say that you purchase an option, lets say $4000 for example. If you decide to purchase at a later date you exercise your option and that $4000 becomes a credit to you. I f you decide not to purchase and not to exercise your option you forfeit the $4000. Also my document says that if you purchase, then a portion of the monthly rent becomes a credit for you. You can purchase at the already agreed upon, locked in price. So if there is market appreciation you can use the appraised price for your loan. this usually makes the down payment easier and makes your loan to value better for you.

i have 1215 Crescent av FW 46805 in Lakeside Park. that might work. it has a fenced yard and an oversize garage and good basement for dogs and rec room. if you have interest i can send you pictures or call Jeff Vaughan Realtor/owner at 750-1620 price $64,900
Good Luck! We have been in the same situation for more than a year. We have three dogs, two gsd and one pit. NOBODY wants one, much less three and both breeds are considered at risk. Many listings specifically state breeds they will not accept. Some places will allow one if a "low impact" dog with additional deposit and often additional monies added monthly to the rent. You would be better off to purchase outright but for that you need excellent credit, down payment, and patience to fill mountains of paperwork.