Julia, Home Buyer in 48146

my agent is giving me the runaround on a pending offer, i put a cash offer is it too late to switch agents

Asked by Julia, 48146 Fri May 29, 2009

the house is off the market and the paper work was done when i put the offer in,he said give him 24-48 hours it been 36 and he dont answer my calls ,other agents told me its off the market and the paper work matches mine can i switch ?his broker is no help

Answers

4
We can't tell you to terminate your agreement; it's against ethics. But, review your agreement and determine if it provides recourse for you if the broker fails to do what he is required to do.
Hi Julia....

I am sorry to hear that your calls are not getting returned. Do you have a writen Buyer-Broker agreement with this agent? If so you may be wedded to your agent. If not I would put them on notice to withdraw your offer (in writing) and them secure a Realtor to represent you. Good luck.
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in Danville, VA
If you have a broker agreement with your agent and he hasn't returned your calls, why not contact the broker owner and make sure it is the owner and not just an office manger and ask to be assigned another agent; if there is no written agreement move on.

Anna
917-576-5376
abrocco@laffey.com
Hello Julia..
The first thing that I need to ask you is do you have a Buyer's Broker Agreement with this agent?? if so, then you can not switch agents because you have a legal contract with that agent and you will owe him a commission if you buy a house. If you did not sign any agreement with that agent, try one more call and leave a message that informs him that you want a call back within 24 hrs or you will be going to another agent... I think that would only be fair, don't you? Just in case there were some circumstances that were not relayed to you about the seller's situation. If your call does not get returned within 24 hrs, go seek another agent and be upfront about the first agent. Tell your new agent that you want to make an offer on a house that is off the market and he will check it out to see if the homeowner has any legal commitment to the previous listing agent. If there is no legal commitment he will be able to handle your offer without a problem.
As far as choosing an agent, go with a recommendation from your family or friends that have recently used an agent they were happy with then interview that agent to make sure that there is no personality clash and that you feel good about working with him... I hope that helps you some and I wish you luck...
Joe Ski Joseph Zakowski, Holiday Florida - Future Home Realty