Julia, Home Buyer in 48146

my agent is giving me the runaround on a pending offer, i put a cash offer is it too late to switch agents

Asked by Julia, 48146 Fri May 29, 2009

the house is off the market and the paper work was done when i put the offer in,he said give him 24-48 hours it been 36 and he dont answer my calls ,other agents told me its off the market and the paper work matches mine can i switch ?his broker is no help

Answers

4
I am slightly confused with your comment that the paperwork was done when you put the offer in, thus I may not have a clear understanding on whether your offer is truly what we would call a pending offer. Is it fully executed by all parties with no changes? Nonetheless, Bill from Florida has provided you the best advise to contact the agent's office and request to speak with the manager or broker. If you have entered into an "Exclusive Buyer's Agency Agreement, it's actually with the agent's broker you are under contract with anyways. I would not recommend that you request your offer be withdrawn as that could cause you to lose this house.

Let us know if there is more information that provides a better understanding of your circumstances. Realize that if your agent is a Realtor, a member of the National Association of realtors, we agree to a standard of professionalism. There are also the legal requirements that all agents are to adhere to. We do recommend that consumers seek legal advise for a variety of contractual matters, disputes, and equitable title matters, but I would still recommend you contact the branch manager or broker to begin with. Perhaps they can remove your concerns. Also, there may very well be a legitimate reason for the agent not being able to contact you.

Best wishes.

Kay Pearson
Web Reference: http://www.KayPearson.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 30, 2009
Julia,

This is a most unfortunate situation. Our recommendation is to contact the agent's office and request to speak with the Broker.

There may be a good reason you have not heard from the agent that the Broker can help identify for you.

Well, I'm sorry you're having a poor experience with your agent.
I can assure you we're not all like that.
Shoot me an email back and I will see what I can additionally find out for you to try to give you a hand.
Hi Julia....

I am sorry to hear that your calls are not getting returned. Do you have a writen Buyer-Broker agreement with this agent? If so you may be wedded to your agent. If not I would put them on notice to withdraw your offer (in writing) and them secure a Realtor to represent you. Good luck.
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA