K24, Home Buyer in Somerset County, NJ

moving to the south side of Middletown Nj. My husband needs to get to SI, NY. How is commute from navesink, fair haven, or river plaza. Love Oak Hill

Asked by K24, Somerset County, NJ Sat Jan 29, 2011

How is the market in Middletown? Seems to have come down a lot over the past few years.

Answers

7
Hi K24,

Middletown is the largest town in Monmouth County with several communities. Overall, Middletown has shown stability over the last 2-3 years. Yes, some sellers do still cling to a hope of selling at yesteryear's prices. Some sellers take time to accept market conditions, and price high when they initially come to market. Other sellers approach the market with a more realistic view and price for the current market conditions. It's important to work with someone who knows the market to help guide you on pricing. Some properties may warrant full price, while others can be overpriced by as much as 25%. The sellers who price right and are marketed aggressively will sell, and it's not uncommon to see multiple offers on a few properties while others sit.

In 2010, there were 472 single family homes sold in Middletown, with an average sale price of $456,354.

In 2009, there were 439 single family homes sold in Middletown, NJ with an average sale price of $415,010.

In 2008, there were 476 single family homes sold in Middletown, NJ with an average sale price of $463,334.

Currently, there are 365 single family homes offered for sale, ranging from $88,000 - 16.8 Million. Suffice to say, you can find a home to meet any budget or lifestyle! Forty (40) homes are offered at price points above one (1) Million.

Oak Hill - 24 single family homes on the market, median price $634,900.
Navesink - 32 single family homes on the market, median price $524,900
River Plaza - 15 single family homes on the market, median price $379,900.

Fair Haven is a town located just east of Red Bank. There are 45 single family homes for sale, median price $689,000.

(All stats from MOMLS as of January 29th, 2011, and do not include sales excluded from MLS. Information deemed reliable, not warranted. Variations in data result from errors and omissions from the entry of data by multiple participants.)

We have a snail mail relo package for this area which contains several maps, guide books, and local publications. While the internet is great, sometimes it's convenient to have a package. Let us know if it would be helpful for you.

Deborah "Deb" Madey - Broker
Peninsula Realty Group
(732) 530-7755 Main
(732) 530-6350 Direct (Office)
(732) 784 8450 Mobile (Text or Voice)
http://SearchMonmouth.com
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Brick, NJ
John, is that with traffic or without.
K24, does your husband have to work 9-5, or does he have different hours? Although I would say more people live on Staten Island, and work elsewhere, so he would be travelling in the opposite direction than they are, he will still be coming north to the Outerbridge in rush hour.
K24.

I am a local realtor here in Middletown and would have no problem showing you around! I have lived in Middletown my whole life so I trully know and understand the area very well. Please feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email and I will be more than willing to show you the area.

Dennis Freshnock
Heritage House Sotheby's
Cell- 908-601-6692
Email- dfreshnock45@hotmail.com
Office- 732-615-9898
K24.

Dennis Freshnock
Heritage House Sotheby's
Cell- 908-601-6692
Email- dfreshnock45@hotmail.com
Office- 732-615-9898
Yes, most of the problems, and subsequent backlog of inventory is because sellers want "5 years ago prices." The market has changed and you need to do research on which homes will sell, what areas you like, and how motivated sellers are. Middletown is a large area and those towns you list are very nice. Why don't you call me or send an e-mail to me to discuss in detail. cell: 908-601-4567, e-mail: johnskronski@remax.net -- John
John how is the market in Middletown right now? Where i live the prices are very unrealistic. According to realtors here sellers are over pricing their houses. Any areas in Middletown you would suggest ?
K -- Takes about 40 minutes by car to get from GSP over Driscoll bridge to 440 to Outerbridge. Easy ride. -- J