Home Buying in Orlando>Question Details

Naomi Garcia…, Home Buyer in 10467

moving to orlando , married with 5 yr old. budget of $300K are zip 32812 32837 good?

Asked by Naomi Garcia Gomez, 10467 Wed Feb 6, 2008

Answers

15
Tough question and one with many factors involved. Specifically, what do you mean by "good?" Every individual has a perception of what their home is going to look like. If you have a 5 yr. old., then I assume you want A rated schools and "family friendly" safe neighborhoods. Both the Conway and Hunters Creek areas are full of owners who think it is a good area! So, you want to know if it meets your own personal criteria. Consider where you will be working, schools you want your child enrolled in, and where you will be spending free time (ie: Church, parks, shopping, other specific interests). Make a list and then ask a local realtor to send you some information on neighborhoods and areas that fit that criteria. Also, you can check Orange County crimes by zone at http://www.ocso.com/CrimePrevention/PropertyCrimesandRobberi…
and this will help with letting you know how much or how little crime has been reported in an area.
Best of luck to you and your family, and let me know if I can help.
Diana
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 18, 2008
I'm not a big fan of the East side of town. It's old and it looks it. I live in the 34761 area, which is Ocoee, or west Orlando. It's more homey and safe. My elementary school is rated an "A" which is very nice. The people are nice in Ocoee and I always feel safe. Hope this helps. I just put my house up for sale because they changed my high school zoning to Wekiva High, which is nice but it's not Ocoee High and that is where all my sons friends are going. All in all, I love Ocoee, Florida. Westyn Bay is where I plan on moving. Right next to Lake Apoka and Ocoee High. Hope this helps.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 16, 2008
Hunter creek is too cloe to Kissimmee for my liking. I would suggest Dr. Philips area.
Yes 32837 is great....I have a 4/2 home for sale in the Hunter's Creek area for 259K....If you are still looking......e-mail me, brian, at randlesb@bellsouth.net
Also we are well under the 300,000 range
Dan Kruse
Are you still looking ? we are selling our home in 32806 zip code ... the home is 3/2 with 7 1/2 foot privacey fenced in pool and is less that a block to one of the counties top rated elementary schools.
I'd be glad to speak to you personally and am the home owner\, not an agent
Best
Dan Kruse
917.653.7121
I have a home for sale by owner in zip 32837. We have lived here for 8 years and have had no problems. We are in a gated community and the community has Orlando police patrol daily. I feel very safe here. If you are interested in a home in 32837, our home is one story, 4 BR 2 BA and near attractions, shops and airport. Details about the home can be found at https://www.forsalebyowner.com/21181862 or call me at 407-574-5640. Open house is Saturday 26 April 10-4 - Price is negotiable and we are the owners - Asking $264,900 or best offer.
Great schools in 32812. Plenty of homes to choose from -- what are you more particular needs? Please feel free to give me a call.
Web Reference: http://www.tcatrealty.com
Are you still looking to relocate to Orlando? There are many home on the market meeting your criteria. Please contact me if you would like my assistance. I work mostly with Buyers and very good at negotiating the ideal price and terms for you. Since we are in a Buyers market, it is also safe to say we can get the Seller to pay your closing costs. I look forward to hearing from you.
I have a home for sale in Windermere FL 34786, Summerport Subdivision. It is a 2 story, 7 yrs new, 4 bdrm 2 1/2 bath, ceramic tile kitchen, laminate living room, extremely clean at $295.00, please call Rosa at 407-694-5454 or email roseberry101@cfl.rr.com
hello, if you are interested i have a great property around waterford lakes area. Very safe, convenient and easily accessible to highways. if interested please email at shethv21@yahoo.com
Here are some ideas for you. Just click the link...
http://www.condometropolis.com/buy_orlando_condos.php?action…
Hi Naomi,
How exciting for you - moving to sunny Orlando! It can be challenging moving to a new area when you are not familiar with different communities. here is a link to see community profiles with demographic information by zip codes:
http://www.athomewithmyra.com/community_reports.shtml
With a child, you probably have concerns about schools also and you can also search for very detailed scholl information by zip code too!
While you are there feel free to search for homes you like and please do not hesitate to call and ask me any questions!
good morning! Every part of Orlando has its own "personality". Relocation specialists get to know their clients likes and dislikes and try to match them first with an area and then scope out the homes. If you have employment set, keep in mind the commute time! Ultimately, matching you with the best community for YOU will increase the likelihood of a successful relocation, a happy family! 300K is a great budget in most areas.
Zip 32812 is generally described as the "Conway area." Conway has a close proximity to the Airport and shopping. Nice area with a wide variety of homes. Its an older more established area.
Zip 32837 is the " Hunters Creek area a bit farther south nearer to the Disney area. Both of these areas have homes in the price range you mentioned and each has shopping,schools and benefits of locations either close to the attractions or the Airport.
If you like send me an email or call and I can send you some listings.
Respectfully,
Rick.