Zhanna, Home Buyer in Connecticut

moving to SA;need to rent from June in Lopez middle school zone;so far no luck in finding such place.Help pls!

Asked by Zhanna, Connecticut Tue Apr 8, 2008

my husband's job is bringing us to San Antonio. we would like to rent a place, either an apartment or a house, from June for minimum 6 months while looking for a house to buy.
we need to be in the Lopez middle school zone; have 2 kids (10 and 2).
we've been searching but so far all places were out of the Lopez Middle! If you have any advice, please help!
Thank you very much!!! Zhanna

Answers

12
Probably best bet is to contact an apt locator. They can narrow the search to just that area. If you google San Antonio apt locator you should get plenty of hits. Normally there is no charge for this service. Just keep in mind they will often show you the more expensive apts in the area as those are typically the ones that will pay their fees. They won't always show you every apt complex.
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 9, 2008
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
If you are moving in June, there should be no need to find a rental in the school/district where you would like your children to attend. Finding a home and closing the sale before school starts should easily be doable before the end of July. Even if it takes a few weeks longer than it reasonably should, a mid August closing will get you settled before school starts.

I have had great success helping people relocating to SA find just the right home in a matter of days, and, should we find one that is vacant, an occupancy before the sale would spare you the need to move twice.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 9, 2008
Would be happy to advise you on finding a 6+ rental option. If looking to purchase and want that shorter lease option, apartment is usually the way to go as they are more flexible on leases, most homes are 12 month. If looking for June and a home, you are alittle early to be getting start on a search as property managers only hold homes for so long before starting a lease, recommend April to start looking. Apartments they do pre-leasing and if wanting to secure now, it would be possible.

Let us know if we can help,
Travis Reed
If you have any available time I can speak to you in regards to deal breakers and potential places for you. If you need more assistance feel free to email me or call anytime. I can have a small consultation with you guys about the residential rental process, then potentially getting you into a home of your own once you have settled in and gotten to know the San Antonio Area.

Thank you for you time,
Bernard Hill-Agent
Keller Williams Heritage
832-643-1741
website: http://www.bernardhill.kwrealty.com
email: bernardhill@kwrealty.com
Hi Zhanna! I hope your move went well! How do you all like San Antonio? Its been a while so I wanted to touch base and give you my direct number here so if you need additional assistance I can help...(830)200-8717 or http://www.laurayznagarealtor.com Let me know if you need anything during your stay here in San Antonio...Laura
Rental homes in the Lopez Middle School area move quickly. Homes on the market now will be gone by the time you arrive. It is best to wait a week or two before you arrive to start looking at the residential rental market. If you are not going to be in town before your move, are you willing to take a place sight unseen, or can you get here in town prior to moving to see some potential rental homes and initiate the application process?

Call me and let me help you work through these issues.

Karl Mounts
210.382.4839
Zhanna, I just reviewed the location of Lopez middle school...I have rental properties ready for move -in in that area...What price range are you looking for???Call me ASAP-210-430-2055
I work in the Home Finding Center in San Antonio. Also have many real estate agents than can help you find a home for rent at no charge to you....Call me asap....210-430-2055 (Cell)/ 210-301-2997 (Office)...I was born & raised in this city & have MANY real estate connections....
If you have not located a rental, one has just became available within the Lopez Middle School and will lease for as little as 6 months and is available June 1, 2008. Please contact me immediately at 210-396-1879 or by email . Time is very important.
Web Reference: http://trudypape.com
If you have not finalized plans, take a look at the web reference provided. This home is just down the street from Lopez (although it feeds to Barbara Bush). I have been told several kids have petitioned to attend Lopez from this neighborhood and it was approved. We raised our kids (12 and 7) there for the last 8 years and enjoyed the neighbors, community resources (pool, playground, tennis courts, clubhouse) that are extremely well kept and inexpensive ($30 per month) and the home is set up well for families with kids the age of yours. While this is a FSBO, we are open to leasing/lease-purchase/owner finance/traditional purchase.

Gool luck with your search and welcome to San Antonio. Ed Ferris 210-889-6334
Contact me and I will find you a place. I will do the hunting for you, email the properties to you and if necessary, preview the property for you. 210-381-1161 - Realty.foryou@yahoo.com. Martha Valiquette, REALTOR
Zhanna,

Well congrats on the relocation and we welcome you! You will love it here!

Ok, if you need a rental home in the Lopez district, currently there are 7 active rentals in that area ranging from $1850 - $2600 / mo. I've actually lived in that area, as well as happen to know a couple of apartment complexes in that area as well. If you would like, it's no problem at all to send you a list of some of the apartments in that area and the list of homes available to rent in that area as well.

Since it sounds like you may be wanting to rent first so that you can take the time to really hand pick your first home here in San Antonio; I can completely relate. The internet is a great tool to use to look for homes, but perhaps you are also wanting to get the "feel" of some of the areas in San Antonio first?

Best of luck and let me know if you would like that list sent to you!
Web Reference: http://www.eXposedHomes.com