Home Buying in Wethersfield>Question Details

Life2011, Home Buyer in Wethersfield, CT

me and my wife want to be first time home owner need some advive please help us?

Asked by Life2011, Wethersfield, CT Wed Jul 20, 2011

Answers

10
The first step would be to speak to a mortgage officer to see what kind of a mortgage payment you can comfortable afford. (Call or email me for a list of preferred mortgage specialists.)

Once the mortgage specialist qualifies you, I will send you an email with all of the houses in that price range that meet your criteria.

Next, we would meet for a free no obligation consultation where I will go over the home buying process with you from A-Z. I will describe how all professionals fit into the process (attorneys, home inspectors, realtors, appraisers), your rights as a buyer under state law and my obligations to you as a realtor.

If you decide to work with me, we will start looking at houses.

BTW: below is a link to a home I'm listing which may work for a 1st time home buyer. What do you think?
If you are using financing, in addition to finding the real estate agent whose style meshes well with you and meets all of your prerequisites, you'll also want to make a connection with a good loan officer who can clearly explain the steps in the loan process - from getting pre-approved, to what happens right after your offer is accepted, to what type of costs you could expect to pay out of pocket along the way and when they would be owed, to how much money/funds you'd need to bring in at closing and what documents to bring with you. When the time comes, if you'd like to discuss things I'd be happy to help.
Hi, It's best to find yourself a Buyers Agent to work with. Many buyers make the mistake of working directly with the listing agent of a property not realizing that they represent the sellers best interest, always. Anything that is said to that agent can and will be used against the buyer in a negotiation. Your agent will typically get paid once the property sells and from the proceeds of the sale. There aren times where the buyer will pay a commission but that is always agreed to up front and in writing. As a Buyers Agent I always setup a "no strings attached" buyer consultation so we can discuss your wants, needs, lifestyle, and the entire homebuying process. Without overwhelming you with information, this is a good way to begin. Your agent will take it from there and advise you on getting pre approved for a mortgage.

Best of luck to your and your wife!

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Hello and congratulations on taking the first step towards owning your first home! With interest rates as low as they are, and so many fantastic homes on the market, this is an exciting time to turn those monthly payments into equity!

I am a Realtor with Wethersfield's #1 real estate company, Coldwell Banker, and I would love to talk more with you about the process!

Best first step is for you and your wife to call a mortgage professional and ask for a "mortgage pre-approval". This 15-20 minute phone call will give you an idea of how much house you're comfortable buying. We have a fantastic mortgage person here at the Wethersfield office, Justin Vicino with N.E. Moves Mortgage. Give him a call at #860-760-8015.

Looking forward to speaking with you next!
Wayne Horgan with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
1331 Silas Deane Hwy, Wethersfield, CT 06109
860-978-6440
Web Reference: http://www.waynehorgan.com
I typically meet with first-time homebuyers in person so that I can review the entire process. From getting pre-qualified for a mortgage to the search process, to writing and negotiating the offer, the home inspection...up until the closing. As you can see, it's quite involved! What I do BEST is to help make it a smooth process.

So, the short answer to your question is to hire a Realtor. You don't pay any fees for this service, because the commission is paid by the seller.

I live right in Rocky Hill, so I'm close by if you'd like some assistance or have further questions.

Lisa Giller
Gillette Real Estate
860-221-8971 (cell)
Lisa@LisaGiller.com
First of you need to get pre-approved for a mortgage to find out what your spending limit is and what you can afford monthly. Then you need to interview a bunch of different Realtors(R) to find out which one is going to look out for your best interests. Then once you find a home you love you need to shop around for your mortgage and find out what terms suite you the best. I hope this helps! Good luck in your future endeavors!
Hi my name is Don Fitzgerald and I'm a Realtor here in CT. I like working with first time home buyers to help them through all the processes of buying a home. Call my cell at 203-910-4260 anytime so I can answer any questions you may have. Take Care, Don Fitzgerald 203-910-4260
First step, talk to a lender to see if you qualify for a mortgage and if so, how much can you reasonably spend on a house and for a monthly payment. Second step, find a good realtor and follow their advice.

What specific advice are you looking for.....if you don't know where to beging, start by visiting with any loan officer to determine mortgage qualification--you should be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously. Also choose an agent to work with, he/she will be your best guide....
I would be happy to assist you in the process. Feel free to call me at (860) 302-4092 with any questions you have. I can explain the process to you, and make sure you understand all of things you will need to do for a sucessful purchase.

Dan Ross
Century 21 AllPoints Realty
Dan@DanRossRE.net
Web Reference: http://www.danrossre.com