Home Buying in Jacksonville>Question Details

tjnowak55, Home Buyer in Jacksonville, FL

looking to retire in Jacksonville fl. would like to know of some of the good areas?

Asked by tjnowak55, Jacksonville, FL Sat Jul 20, 2013

Answers

14
Good morning, If you are looking for a "55 and older" community anywhere in Florida, try this website: http://fchr.state.fl.us, select the "Directory of 55+ Housing Communities" link, then select "55+Directory". You can then search by county, unit, name address, city. I found this in my FloridaRealtors magazine. If I can be of any assistance, please let me know and
Happy Retirement!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 21, 2013

Have to reiterate much of what has already been said. Retirement is an important juncture in our lives and your lifestyle that you are seeking is going to be very important. If you are a beach person than our beaches will be it, boater then close to our many waterways, arts maybe closer to downtown. Jacksonville and the surrounding areas have so much to offer. Here's a link to the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce, http://www.myjaxchamber.com/ , where you can do a search. Each of the other communities such as St. Johns county and Clay county also have Chambers. One last link is for the city of Jacksonville, http://www.coj.net . Which has all the info for Duval and the city of Jacksonville..

Give me a shout if you need additional info.
Charlie
Charlie Chorman - REALTOR
Accredited Buyer Representative - ABR
Coldwell Banker Vanguard Realty
904-571-1358
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 21, 2013
Hi....Jacksonville is a wonderful place to live....and....especially to retire in. There are wonderful places to live in all areas of Northeast Florida. Contact an experienced real estate agent who is NOT territorial...someone who knows the entire market...NOT just one neighborhood or county.....My son, Hickory ( realtor) and I suggest a TOUR (free) to our buyers....since we are NATIVE to the area.....after discussing your goals we can visit areas which may meet your needs...you will "know" when you visit areas which ones make you feel "at home". There is SO MUCH to offer in Northeast Florida....WHATEVER your budget..whatever your interest...whatever your lifestyle....the prospects are NUMEROUS....We really enjoy sharing our knowledge of places to eat...to visit...the arts....volunteer possibilities, etc.
Hope YOU CHOOSE to contact us....we work at YOUR convenience....and we LISTEN.

Thank you for your question.

Donna Delegal
"The Real Estate Lady"
Oceanside Real Estate
startpacking@comcast.net
(904) 732-PACK 732-7225
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 20, 2013
Good Evening,

As the previous agents have stated there are many areas in north east Florida that offer great opportunities for those that are looking to retire. As you may or may not know, Florida in general offers lower cost of living then most areas, no state income tax, low sales tax, homestead exemption to help with lowering your real estate taxes and much more. I personally specialize on Florida First coast which features Nassau, Duval, St. Johns, Flagler, Putnam, and Clay Counties. All of which have communities that offer great amenities and benefits retirees!

Specifically in St. Johns county, St. Augustine, The Nations Oldest City, has been voted one of the top ten places to retire in the U.S. according to Forbes Magazine, USA Today, and CNN! There are many options for retirement communities as well that offer maintenance free living. Some examples are:

Del Webbs Riverwood in Nocatee/Ponte Vedra Florida: http://www.delwebb.com/communities/fl/ponte-vedra/ponte-vedr…

Del Webbs Sweetwater in Jacksonville Florida: http://www.delwebb.com/communities/fl/jacksonville/sweetwate…

The Cascades at the World Golf Village in St. Augustine Florida: http://www.cascadeswgv.com/outside_home.asp

These are just a few of the many communities that offer maintenance free living! If you would like more information on any of the communities I have mentioned or any communities, homes, or areas or have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Ryan Ford P.A. Realtor
Watson Realty Corp
386-243-0511
904-495-4121
http://www.floridafirstcoastrealty.com
ryanford@watsonrealtycorp.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 20, 2013
If you take a look at my last two recommendations, you'll see that they were out of state relocations. One of which was retiring down from NYC. They love the home and area I was able to find for them. Your best bet is to call a Realtor you can speak honestly with and on a regular basis. Like I said, take a look at my profile and if you think I might be able to help, give me a call.
I'll answer this question with areas that I would live in with little hesitation, however, there are many areas for many different tastes within the Metro Jacksonville area.

I, personally, live in southern Clay County and love it for the comfort, quiet and quite honestly peaceful living that I enjoy on a daily basis. Much the same could be said for alot of areas within St. John's County as well. I would have little hesitation suggesting Fleming Island area, World Golf Village area and the list goes on and on.

I hate to sound cliche' but it really does depend on what your wanting out of the area your living in, there are areas that have alot of amenities, areas that have alot of children, areas that have alot of retiree's, areas that have a good mix of all of that. It truly depends on what your lifestyle needs are and what your wanting.

The best thing you can do is to speak to a professional who will show you all those areas, really listen to you and what your wanting from the area and show you!

Best of luck to you on your search, there is alot of good advice already given from those before my comments. If we can assist you any further, please don't hesitate to contact any of us for more in depth advice on a specific area based on your desires.
Jacksonville is very beautiful. One of my favorite places is Fleming Island. It is a suburb of located southwest of Jacksonville. When I am there I feel like I have walked into a Norman Rockwell painting. Some people call it a bedroom community. It has golf courses, a great library, walking/biking trails, restaurants, boating and fishing on the river and lake, and so much more. If you need any more information I would love to discuss your real estate goals. I am offering a buyer's rebate to help with your moving cost.

Thank you

Colette Robertson
Real Estate Broker
Americus Realty Corp.
904.383.8185
Colette@americusrealty.com
Jacksonville area is a great choice. I was fortunate to have been born and raised in the Neptune Beach area and will retire here. There's golf, fishing, restaurants and of course the beach for walking, swimming or just grabbin a lawnchair and soaking up some rays. If you're into Historic, Parks and the Arts we have San Marco, Riverside & Avondale. Maybe your a horse and cattle person then the Switzerland and Orangedale areas might work for you. To sum it up,,,,Jacksonville has some really good stuff going on. Hope this was helpful
Hi TJNowak55,

Jacksonville is a great place to live at any time of your life, and is the most-requested last duty station in the Navy, Where the good areas are depends on your lifestyle.

We have one couple who bought a condo at the beach because that was what they had always wanted to do. Another couple wanted to live in the country and bought a farm.

If you like historic neighborhoods, Avondale/Riverside and San Marco are popular. For more sururban living, Clay County and St. Johns County have many beautiful communities to offer. The Beaches have a range of living from single family homes to condos on the ocean.

If you can tell us a little more about your interests, we can pinpoint some areas that we think you will enjoy.

Sharon and Frank Alters, GRI, CDPE, e-PRO
Coldwell Banker Vanguard Realty
904-673-2308
sharon@teamalters.com
Good is determined by what you think Good is. ST. John's county has an abundance of golf and tennis country clubs. The Inter coastal west section is central to nearly every activity that the First Coast offers. It is the biggest small town in America. You have made a great choice in retiring here.
Jacksonville & the surrounding communities have a lot to offer, golfing, boating,fishing, swimming, horseback riding, beautiful beaches on & on.... Single Family Homes, Townhouses, conds, gated communities. Call or email me with some of the hobbies your interested in & what price range your looking for & I'll be glad to email you specific community information that match what your looking for.
Brenda Waters, Realtor
brendawaters@bellsouth.com
(904) 707-7077
World golf village has great amenities and some reasonably priced homes. The best thing to do is to determine your priorities in relation to your budget and go from there.

Tammy McKinley
Watson Realty
334-324-1818
Clay County is a wonderful place to retire!
I would love to assist you in the home buying process!

Toni Sneed
INI Realty Investments, Inc.
rontons@hotmail.com
904-716-2364
Good Day,

There are many great communities to chose from. Select the price range, amenities, security that fits your needs.

Many people chose Clay County. That gives you Eagle Harbor and other upscale developments to chose from.

Blaine Rabe
Exit
904-874-0814